Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vincent & Mr. Green @ TIGER LILY, TUES 11TH
Anyone in or around LA?

I didn't realize that I ended up on their mailing list, but I just got an invite to a show tomorrow:

Vincent & Mr. Green @ TIGER LILY, TUES 11TH
1745 N. VERMONT AVE.
LOS ANGELES CA 90027
1 BLOCK NORTH HOLLYWOOD
$5 COVER 10 PM Tues. DEC 4TH
PARKING IN BACK $5 OR
PARKING ACROSS THE STREET AT THE DRESDEN $2.50

I discovered the "Jade Vincent Experiment" years ago when I was poking around MP3.com and found an album called the "Ones and Zeros" soundtrack (or maybe it was the "Zeros and Ones" soundtrack). I downloaded all of the samples at the time and really liked the tracks from JVE. But most of the the sample tracks had movie dialog over the beginning or ending of the tracks. I thought this was really annoying, so I ordered what I thought was the Jade Vincent Experiment album through MP3.com. I figured that these would be real studio tracks without the movie crap, but what I got was the same 5 tracks on their own CD - LAME! I manually faded or clipped out the dialog to make something that I listen to pretty regularly...

I've periodically looked for more info, tour info etc. but it's been nearly impossible to find. Then I heard an NPR story about the band "Vincent & Mr. Green", bought their new album (and the Divine Secrets soundtrack which included the track "Drug State").

One question bugging me is what the hell was that Zeros and Ones movie? From the dialog included on the tracks I downloaded it would somewhere around a "D" movie. It seems to have vaporized from existence and I want to know about some of the other artists. The only other artist on the album that I could find info about was "Weapon of Choice". Nothing on the "Hate Fuck Trio", and I couldn't find names of the other bands.

--tg