Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M.I.A.
Although it makes sense to have a grid layout on the ground for the big scenes with all the students, I was disappointed to see the dots and lines. I thought the Taguo kids were so well trained they wouldn't need those. Plus, I'm wondering if there weren't some CGI shenanigans to make the crowds bigger.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Dragon Girls is an award winning doc that came out in 2013. The director directed MIA's vid. I've been wanting to see it but I think it's only in German now. Hopefully with MIA's help, that doc will get picked up by Netflix or someone.

I doubt there was CGI. You've been there. You know it's much cheaper to just get a few 1000 students together than do it CGI. Plus the grids are a necessity when working with that many people and moving that fast. All it takes is a step off and the whole pattern gets ruined.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Humans are cheap.

I noticed it because there wasn't a grid when I was there.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
M.I.A. is still bringin' it. Sword hotties galore.

Heart

https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.e6...?app=music
11/2/17 @ Fox

Opener is megatronic or some crap - local female rapper with a female dj and a female twerker. Not impressed.

There's only two of us working RM - I'm with a new emt, 21, female who started working this season and has already logged 40+ shows. She's the show supe; I'm just chillin.

Caught a little of soundcheck - made fleeting eye contact.  Heart
We treated MIAs back up singer for migraine. Didn't see Maya tho. Saw everyone on stage when we were backstage EXCEPT Maya. 

We kept moving because there were only two of us. Good show, although short - like an hour fifteen.

Now for that long lonely ride home...

She still gets me...

M.I.A. coming back with power power 
Matangi / Maya / M.I.A. (2018) 

Being a long time fan (been following her since her first US tour) I was fascinated. Lots of little backstory tidbits, plus the brit take on her. 

I listened to new stuff (not covered in this doc) half heartedly - she lost me when she became an avid anti-vaxxer. However her issue with it is government control, not science. She’s not a trumper at all - violently the opposite. 

Seeing her father, the founding force in the terrorist Tamil Tigers, was a revelation. He looked so average. There’s some graphic real life atrocities footage. 

I’m still chewing on a lot of this doc. It’s making me reconcile her outspoken vax stance. It’s a bitch when a celeb I enjoy puts me out due to politics (don’t get me started on Gina Carano) but it wouldn’t be authentic MIA if it was controversial. 

Seen on Hoopla