Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVR vs. NetFlix
What the hell is an aerial? You need to call the nice man from DirecTV. He'll make sure all your pictures are pretty.

I don't know for why you are getting the squigglies. Maybe you are too far from the source.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
ttt 4 2020 - do I get any points for 13-year-old thread necromancy? No? Alas. Tough crowd.

Srsly tho - what streaming are y'all using now? I'm looking for someone with Hulu.

We currently do Amazon Prime and Netflix 3 DVD deal. For free providers, we do a lot of PBS, some Hoopla and Kanopy. And then there's my ninja providers but they've been offline lately. That's the thing about ninjas. Sometimes there here, sometimes not. 

Back to the point - anyone got Hulu? I've been asked to do another 'Top Martial Arts flicks' piece for Hulu for Den but 
I don't want do to the free trial thing. I just need to see their index for martial arts flicks.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I am not a Hulu.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(11-11-2020, 05:55 AM)Greg Wrote: I am not a Hulu.

What streaming services do you carry now? Disney+, right? Netflix too? Any others?
Only the basics: Netflix and Amazon Prime
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Apple+, Disney+, Netflix, and Amazon Prime.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Cranefly: Netflix streaming, Hoopla, Kanopy, Criterion.
I'm nobody's pony.
I think I have them all, except for Hulu. I used to have a free account (when they offered that), but they killed it off.

Apple TV+ (1 yr free came with my phone)
AT&T tv (formerly DirecTV - for local news)
HBO Max (bundled with above for an extra $5/month)
Disney + (signed up for Hamilton, but don't really use it)
Showtime & CBS All Access (there were one or two shows on Showtime and CBS, and Apple TV offered a bundle deal, so I signed up)
I also have Kanopy/Hoopola etc for the more esoteric stuff...

Strangely, we spend most of our time watching YouTube, we've been hooked on this channel since SIP started:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjuZcVk...46DJrjt8Nw

--tg
(11-12-2020, 01:12 PM)thatguy Wrote: HBO Max (bundled with above for an extra $5/month)

How is their search engine? Like is there a way to search 'martial arts' and call up all of their martial arts films? Den asked me about doing a 'best of' for HBO Max too.
Do you have a sharpened stick? Eye poking might work better... Don't get me started. I think I originally got DirectTV/HBO when I was testing search in Safari 3-4 years ago. Their search has not improved much over the years.

>>>
[ martial arts ]

We didn't find anything related to "martial arts".

You can search for titles, genres (comedy, action, etc.), brands (HBO, DC, Adult Swim, etc.), actors directors, writers, and producers.
<<<

--tg
I did a search on "martial arts" on criterion and got this:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-familyConfusedwiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-469750017 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:8.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:8.0pt; line-height:107%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> [Image: uc?export=view&id=1O03elnOwzyc0Za45-Oqg6KQ2feBwhEWl]
I'm nobody's pony.
(11-12-2020, 04:21 PM)thatguy Wrote: We didn't find anything related to "martial arts".

You can search for titles, genres (comedy, action, etc.), brands (HBO, DC, Adult Swim, etc.), actors directors, writers, and producers.

Figures. Thanks for trying.

@cf - I thought Criterion had all the Zatoichis + more. That's a fair list tho, until you get to Irma Vep (Maggie Chung does French film)
You're right, DM.  So "martial arts" isn't a reliable search string.  Not certain if you can search on genres or topics.  Doubt it.
I'm nobody's pony.
Seems like Netflix has the only search engine that can handle that search word, and only marginally.

Bother.
I'm back on Netflix again. Netflix has this weird way of doing screeners. You have to subscribe. Assuming all goes as planned, I'll get a few freelance features out of this, so it's like a side hustle to get Netflix for the winter. I'll make more than just that, but it works out well since Stacy and I were debating about re-subscribing to Netflix as we hunker down for the cold shelter in place. 

So what are the DOOM netflixers watching? Any recs? Beyond Cobra Kai, I started Seis Manos (because of Trejo) and She-Ra (because of Tara's rec). Those were pretty random. There's a few films I want to catch up on there. Been hearing good things about The Queen's Gambit. Thoughts?