Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bioshock (PC Game)
What if Ayn Rand directed 'Dawn of the Dead'?

Why, you'd get the most awesomely gorgeous FPS (First-Person Shooter, luddites) since Half-Life 2.

Set in a fantastical 1955 undersea city, Bioshock drops you in an art-deco world of water and steel. Monolithic skyscrapers (seascrapers?) rise from the ocean floor, festooned with chrome and neon. Environments surround you with windows through which you can see all manner of sealife swimming by.

If you had time to look at it that is.

You see, the population of this city has become addicted to a gene-altering substance called 'Adam'. Adam imbues you with powers like telekenesis and the ability to shoot fireballs from your fingers. It also drives most people mad.

These mad residents are caled 'Splicers'. The Splicers are armed to the teeth and Hellbent on killing everyone they see, starting with you. Shouting phraes like 'I told you I would do better NEXT TIME' or 'COME BACK!!! I'M SORRRRRRRY' they rush you in endless numbers.

As you exterminate the Splicers you are directed deeper into the city by a mysterious stranger on a shortwave radio. Your mission is to stop the mad genius who built the place. He also created an army of 'Little Sisters', small girls who scavenge the city for Adam, accompanied by hulking, diving-suit wearing 'Big Daddies'. Killing the 'Big Daddies' and purging the Adam from the 'Little Sisters' makes you more powerful.

Bioshock is a very violent, sometimes frightening and very immersive game.

Have fun!
[Image: magpie13.gif]