Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arcade Fire @ Shoreline
What can I say...I got a free ticket. They must have been anticipating a low turnout. They were selling lawn tickets 4 for $45. There was hardly anybody there when I got there and the opener for the opener had already started. Right when the second band started, there was a beautiful streak of lightning which was met with great applause (probably confusing the band since they were in the middle of a song and hadn't done anything to deserve the sudden outburst). This was followed by a deluge of rain and everyone from the lawn rushed to get under the roof, making the show seem a lot more packed...Everyone was wet and standing which meant that everyone else had to stand.

They finished their set and then Arcade Fire came out. They put on a good show. They have a huge band (10 people?) and they were all full of energy, really into it. They had a good multimedia thing going as well. The sound sucked and we were off to the left of the stage behind a bunch of tall wet people, so we couldn't see well or hear well, but I could tell that if they were at another venue, this would have been much better...

verdict: I'd go see them again, I see potential.

--tg