Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason Lytle (of Grandaddy) 09/10/07 @ Cafe du Nord
What a disappointment.

First the 8:30PM weeknight show was bumped to 9:30PM (with an opening band). I guess I'm the only person that has a day job otherwise maybe more people would encourage early shows on weeknights. We were tired to begin with, having woken up at 6AM that morning and having to wake up at 6AM the next.

Of course having tables and chairs would be too much to ask. After all, Grandaddy is known for their infectious grooves and ability to get everyone's bootys on the dance floor. Oh wait, they're a folk-rock band. Too bad, you still have to stand for three hours.

At least the drink prices were reasonable. Only $6.50 for a shot of Jameson's. 2 drinks + tip cost more than the ticket.

I won't give the opening performer (Harvey Jolly) a hard time. They were OK and probably would be enjoyable if we weren't so tired and bored.

Finally at 10:40PM Jason takes the stage. Just like last year he was accompanied by another musician and was surrounded by synthesizers, megaphones and other noisemakers. Actually he wasn't. It was just Jason and his acoustic guitar.

The first words out of his mouth were "I'm kind of drunk and kind of hung over". He played a couple songs then told a story about how bored he got playing a song at an earlier venue.

By this time we were done. We cut our losses and headed home.

Once again I am forced to wonder, was it truly a bad show or am I just getting old and cranky?
[Image: magpie13.gif]
It sure sounds like it was a bad show to me.
I'm with HK on this one.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
...but i heard that he really turned it on after midnight, after all the old and cranky people left.

ok, just kidding. it could have happened tho...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse