Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentatonix
@Shoreline 

I’m just here because it worked in my schedule. Only like 8K sold. I’m surprised they’re bothering to open the lawn. I’m just gonna chillax. I got a super taqueria burrito on the way over for nostalgias sake. I realized that was kinda dumb because it’s all about their asada and lengua, which are no longer in my culinary repertoire.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
When I was at SJSU, it was all about the vegetarian super burrito. The staff couldn’t understand that. 

You want rice on that? You want guacamole?

No! You know how to make a Carne Asada super burrito? 

Yes

Can you make that, but not put carne asada in it?

Yes

I had to go thru that so many times over the decades, I just gave up and order the carne asada super burrito now…

—tg

One time, I remember ordering/eating 2 veggie super burritos before going to an art history class. It was a hot afternoon. I think I passed out in class for an hour or two…

—tg
I just went for the cheese & rice burrito. I was thinking I’d eat more here, but I’m stuffed already. I might eat more later or just keep snacking. The first act is on - not sure who it is.

I’m teamed with a new vol (a year and a half) - she just graduated from Davis and lives in Fremont. I let her have the radio. We’re just hanging out at main Med.

Lauren Alaina
Cheese & Rice!

[Image: 2e7b023a87f2fe1bfaf595822c0223ae--buddy-...movies.jpg]

—tg
Glad you caught that. I was thinking it’d be Greg because says that often. 

Must be the Ursula connection.

Truth be told, there was no rice. Just beans cheese and salsa.

Watched a little Alaina on the cctv. She seemed like a nice gal. Pop singer.

Pent is on now. They are backed by big bass booms. So not true a cappella. Not impressed.

SLA is really too big of an auditorium for them. They’d do better in a club with a few hundred seats.

Hmm. They suck. The percussive drops are totally drowning out their vocals. They’re doing a medley of their first album and the few bits without the rhythm & bass - the true a cappella is good. But the rest is so disappointing. 
Plus they talk a lot to fill out the show, explaining their songs. If you have to explain your songs, your songs suck.
Heard a cover of Sound of Silence (ironically) would’ve been better without the backing.
The beat boxing dude doesn’t work with the backing because you can’t tell what’s him and what’s the synth.

They just did one of those ‘everybody junp’ and never have I seen a more uncoordinated crowd.

Lauren joined them for Jolene and they went true a cappella. That was cool.

No they’re covering Creep. Just Pent. No backing. This works.

Oh never mind. They added a drum attack and spoiled it.

They just did a complicated tiktok / IG call response vid. Might be cool. Kinda dull to make but we’ll see when they post it.
Cello boxing is cool. 

Redeems a lot

Got a standing ovation

This dude joined the band after they saw his YouTube but his was pre-Med at Yale. But he got his degree and joined them for a talent show. He also speaks fluent mandarin.

Kevin went into a variation of Beethoven’s 5th cello boxing, then added a drummer and it was painfully cheesy, as in moldy cheese, ronco-level bad.

They mostly do covers. The arrangements are similar, overdone, but the harmonics are impressive and when they strip down to just that, they are amazing.

The 2 black guys, the cello boxer and a singer/drummer led the audience in pop sing alongs. More entertaining than it should be. I’ll give it to the audience - they know the lyrics well enough and can harmonize. 

Taylor’s audience was still better at sing alongs but this is on par with the Bey-hive.

Now it’s just them doing traditional a cappella with the beatboxer but it’s the most annoying pop song medley.

Damn is that one dude castrati? Such high notes

Covering Hallelujah. A bit over done. Again.
And that’s it. 

A pleasant suburban crowd. Families. They’ll clear the lots soon.

Home before midnight. Always good. Well, svale at least. Old home. Haunted.

Caught the reggae express on kpfa with Spliff Skankin conductin. Stop that train!