Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slumberland
(08-25-2022, 01:27 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: And then there are those trailers that you know exactly what they're about, so much so that you don't feel you need to see the movie.

I recant. That was a bit of alright. Note that I’m biased because it had trippy dream sequences, a father/daughter angle, and tentacles. But it also had Momoa who I can take or leave (he’s ok in this - not a major departure from his usual roles but he’s not as annoying as he can be). It also has an obvs Disney death. It’s a typical kids flick and has many of the stereotypic chops & licks, but it has some novel cgi effects and I didn’t see the mcguffin coming although I should have - just wasn’t paying that much attention. Could’ve used a sword fight.

Mind you - it’s not stellar. It’s just not that bad either. It was ok escapist fair.

Pig really reminded me of Yuki. Many of its expressions and actions were right out of the Yuki playbook.

Recommended for D00Mers who still enjoy kid films.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Saw this on the queue last night and opted no. We saw a really bad film instead and then a mediocre one.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

This wasn’t really bad (which is what I was anticipating). It’s mediocre, which in contrast to my expectations, was okay.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Like The Little Prince, the stuffed animal kind of stole the show. I enjoyed it but went in with no expecations. It looked good too.
the hands that guide me are invisible