Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I used to be famous (2022)
The title intrigued me. Plus, it stars Francis from the first Deadpool movie. In most minds that shouldn't be enough to get people to watch it. Yet, there I was on my couch on a Saturday night.

Francis used to be in a boy band back in 2000. For reasons never explained, he is no longe in that band. He also, never explained, doesn't have any money. I found that hard to believe. Francis is struggling to make a comeback. He's struggling to write/finish a song. He's at the end. He's out on the street practicing with his broke down kit which some people confuse for busking. As he is singing a young man on the spectrum, Stevie, starts tapping along on his drumsticks. An unlikely friendship occurs. Francis is able to finish his song which is supposed to be incredible, but really isn't. Stevie and Francis have adventures along the way. There is turmoil with the overprotective mother. There is the offer from Francis's former band mate. Issues with Francis's mom. There is a past that needs to be dealt with. 

The went to the Melodrama cupboard and got all the cliches. So, lots of plot holes and a bad song that is supposed to be great.

Totally Doom recommended.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Such snarkasm! Did it have notorcycles-as-weapons? Bad CGI? Overwrought slo-mo fights? Rousing patriotic dance numbers?

I think you are just bitter about a certain movie. I think you are bitter because you thought RRR was pirate-speak and there were no pirates.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
baa

hu

ba

li

Greg, it's calling you...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm pretty sure I don't have it.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm