Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The School for Good and Evil
(10-12-2022, 08:00 AM)Greg Wrote: School for Good and Evil, Trailer 2. Releasing Oct 19

I got about a half hour in and bailed. So bad. Like how much can this rip off HP? A lot. So much. Such plagiarism. The two lead actresses are terrible, and they have a terrible script. 

I got to Charlize who vamps it up and almost redeems it. Maybe I can just fast forward to her scenes. Kerry is also vamping it up. Didn’t get to Michelle. Can’t take no more. Need a break.

I’ll come back for Charlize and Michelle but I’m not happy about that prospect…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
That is disappointing. Plus, I thought it was a series.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Got another half hour in. Got to Michelle. Kinda disappointed that her role is so limited. Got to Fishburne too which was a tad surprising because I didn’t know he was in this.

There’s a scene where the evils are learning how to uglify themselves that looks and feels so much like Snape’s potions class that it’s just painful. This is like a bad Disney channel rip off - and to be clear, I mean Disney channel, not Disney+. 

The only thing keeping me engaged is Charlize. She’s killin it here. I’ll try a little more later, just for Charlize…
Checked in on this once more and was discouraged to find I’ve got like an hour and a half to go. It’s still painfully bad but it dropped Eilish’s crown song well, and Charlize is still killing it with every line she utters. Michelle has not returned. 

The costumes are ok if you like outlandish. 

I’m going to finish this out of my devotion to Charlize.
And finished.

Wow that sucked. Charlize was great. Kerry was good. Michelle reappears for one small scene which was good but not enough. I did not predict the mcguffin, but I did not care. It was a lot of scenes poached from other stuff. The two lead gals couldn’t carry their roles but in there defense, they had little to work with. I was hoping that in the end, there would be an lgbtq twist, but they shied away from that and that was just as well because it would’ve redeemed nothing.

Alas. Charlize & Michelle. Why did you do that to me?

Not D00M recommended. Netflix has been sucking for me lately.