First call diabetic at box office
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Julian Lage trio

Another diabetic 

Called it

Churcho valdez orchestra was fire

Not diabetic 

Hypertension

One of crew lost his pack and wallet. May have been taken or fallen off the cart. Mercnret
Incognito main stage close

Nicholas Payton & New World Order suddenly spirals into droid courtship songs.

Then comes out on phat hip hop base bombs and chunky loops 

‘All I want to say that they don’t really care about us’
Well that was fun. Nice crowd, good music,  beautiful weather. 

Tule fog driving out of Monterey was tense but it cleared after Watsonville. Home before midnight.
A we’re off to day 2. Stopped by the staff o life for some supplies (we only get 1 meal ticket and food is hella expensive). Now waiting outside my partner’s apartment complex in tola - she had to run out to replace a cartridge. ;-D

Foggy but it’s gonna burn off soon.

RIP Pharoah Sanders

That might add a somber tone to today…
Texas southern u jazz ensemble
Got excluded from the front of house (main stage is all seated and sold out) only to have a call there later. The supe who tossed us needed our help for a fall.

Sal’s greenhouse was jamming - lead singer could belt and whipped out a bass sax a few times, but she’d only toot a bit. It was more for looks

Las catwreias spicy

Dude plays a jawbone - think it’s a donkey jaaa as bone
Butcher brown - long phrase single shot rapper

Spent that whole set in line for fired cimari & ate home hearts. They ran out of calamari right when we got up and wouldn’t combine our meal tix. But we got to catch all of butcher and he was alright.

Our space backs up to some private room where some wicked trumpet is going down. We can’t see them but we’d be I. Shot of the open door.
Veronica Swift covered NIN closer James brown style.
Let it happen just stole the show

Amazing performance dance trio

Joel Ross & Good Vibes. Killer marimba and a kid on standing bass
Damn that was fun

I sure hope I didn’t catch Covid again.

Let it happen stole the show - three young sisters who were killing it with hip hop dance. Here’s a taste

They did these 15 min sets during band changes and they kept up this level of speed and energy all they way through. Such physicality. I wish I’d seen every one of their performances. They were so fast and had such endurance. Truly captivating. 

Now to return to the real world. That was a wonderful adventure into a new frontier…boldly going where no JAH medic had gone before.
Fri = 3,4 mi
Sat = 5.6 mi

I would’ve called that the other way but I just gotta go with what my liephone sez.
Left the remainder of my coffee drink on top of darth last night. I thought I might’ve when I couldn’t find it this morning and that was my last memory of it. Stacy got up early for a sunrise beach walk with Yuki and recovered it. I’ll need to finish that later today…
Norah, Yaran & Rosa gave me 3 hearts on my IG post about them.  Heart Heart Heart