Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Little Dragon wants us to gather
It is important to plant a kiss on the forehead of wisdom every day, and this served as both the inspiration and guidance for our Doom Gathering on 3/30/2007.

3/30/2007 Meeting Minutes:

The meeting was called to order (illegally) at 6:05 by attendees ED and DM. Stragglers arrived in due course in the forms of cranefly and PPFY.
After the treasurer's report (confirming a non-negative/non-positive integer in our coffers), the floor was opened to new business.

There was a long (sometimes heated) discussion of the growing antagonistic atmosphere on Doom, which has us all concerned. An action item was assigned to Greg in absentia to "continue to monitor the situation."

After this, all present put their names in PPFY's brand-new helmet, and DM once again won the door prize, which consisted of absolutely nothing (see Treasurer's report above).

Other highlights:

DM let us smell his new car, which left us giddy with envy.

PPFY let us fondle a very personal effect. Though cranefly failed to elicit from it a response, DM soon had it doubled in size with deft strokes of his muscular but delicate hands.

Nourishment was provided by ED in the form of vegetarian pizzas (delicious), with a minor assist of snow peas by cranefly. Drinks were provided by all and were freely imbibed.

Attendees watched (and commented on) three movies, which will hopefully be reviewed soon in the DVD section.

First up was The Dragon Lives Again. The first nude scene occurred 17 minutes in, at which point the phone rang and DM had to leave to tend to unfinished business.

Whereupon attendees switched to Born to Fight and watched it to the conclusion. The lesson we learned is that if your village is visited by charity workers who give you lots of goods, and the abbot then comes and blesses all of you, it isn't necessarily going to be a good day (known in Thailand as "the machine-gun syndrome").

By then, DM had returned, and we watched the rest of the The Dragon Lives Again. The lesson to be learned from this movie is that "hell hast no fist of fury like an icon scorned" -- something like that.

Then came the final feature, The Myth, in which Jackie tries to do "epic" and fails rather miserably, but not without some really good scenes, especially in India in the middle going. The lesson here is for Jackie -- that he should never again use goofed wirework for outtakes for closing credits.

After the movies, attendees played three rounds of Bingo, all won by DM. The meeting was then adjourned amid rumors that the next meeting would occur in craneflyville -- the exact date left floating in the air like a dandelion seed kicked in the teeth by Bruce Lee.

--cranefly, secretary
I'm nobody's pony.
I move the minutes be accepted. All those in favour?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I thought I was in charge of antagonistic behavior?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
As for those reviews, looks like we're on top of that:
http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=738
http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=474
http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119

Still pondering Cole's Hardware. Get it? Cole's Hardware? Now I'm going to be looking at those cheap Chinese knives real careful-like. I know there's some more of those lying around some Chinatown shop, but can I find one?

Thanks again for the hospitality, ED. It was an excellent triple feature. CF's next?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse