Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web shenanigans
Thought I'd start a new thread with this one:

Quote:Facebook has apparently been Zucked by an algorithm bug that has broken everyone’s news feeds
Jamie Dunkin Aug 24, 2022 1:47 am
[Image: mark-zuckerberg-drew-angerer.png]
Credit: Drew Angerer/Getty Images + Twitter
In case you hadn’t noticed, your Facebook feed may look like an absolute mess of memes and strange cryptic language. Fear not, because everyone else is having the same issue.
Some point between the turning of 5:00 and 6:00 UTC time, users suddenly experienced an influx of news feed spam. Any celebrity, band or exceedingly popular page being followed by your account is now facing every post made by any account to the celebrity.
Essentially, if John Citizen in the Western Sahara decides to post onto Emma Watson’s Facebook page: [i]everyone [/i]following Watson will see it in their newsfeed. Ditto for the likes of Coldplay, Nirvana, John Cena, Cristiano Ronaldo, and then some.
Users are, understandably, now taking utmost control of the chaotic situation, and using it to shitpost, share GoFundMes, and just share horny sentiments with several billion people on Facebook.
Another big trend is posting copypastas, or generally sharing their grievances with the whichever celebrity they want to. It’s a bad time to be a celebrity who just released a mediocre film.
It’s not the first big tech screw-up in the month of August, with Google suddenly crashing and causing an influx of memes. Google was able to repair its issue within 45 minutes, while it looks like Facebook is asleep at the wheel. Meta Group’s other social media platform Instagram seems to be having no issues with its newsfeed, suggesting that this may just be a glitch solely on Facebook.
Or more sinisterly, a successful hack of Facebook and its algorithm.
Meta has yet to publicly address the issue at the time of writing. [i]We Got[/i] [i]This Covered[/i] has reached out to Facebook for comment.

I didn't notice anything on my facebook, but a Yosemite video I just posted on IG got nearly 300 views in minutes. I'll take it.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Oh yeah, I hit that the other day. Every post was from Radiohead. It was kinda nice...

--tg
Damn, I must have missed it. Stupid work.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
(08-26-2022, 04:15 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: a Yosemite video I just posted on IG got nearly 300 views in minutes. I'll take it.

That vid is still paying out. 355 likes at this writing, more than any other of my IG posts.
The Queen posted a photo in the Von's parking lot of a Raven looking down at one of the Von's Clerks. It had upwards of 350 likes when last I checked.

The inter webs are odd.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I find it fascinating that right after I watched Rings of Power, glamour shots of Liv Tyler from fan sites started popping up on my fb feed. I've only mentioned it here so the only way it would've known is through a mole on Amazon, my internet access, or there's a mole in D00M. Maybe Siri overheard me watching it and told IG who passed it to fb (because meta, right?)
Well I think the cable/internet providers sell viewing/browsing data to Meta. That would explain some ads I've seen.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Is there some shenanigans happening on the web today? Things have been frustratingly off...
Never mind. It was on my end. Seems like a reboot fixed it as it often does. Frustrating morning tho...