Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shania Twain: Not just a girl (2022)
Yep, I saw it. I'm always curious about Twain. There seems to be a lot of odd beats in her story. She was the hottest country artist in the world and then seemed to disappear. I do like some of her songs. Part of her appeal was attractive she was, too. 

The doc does answer some of the questions but it's mostly an advertisement for the fact she has another album coming out. It's hagiography at it's post. You can tell because the whole thing is narrated by Twain. It's her story and how she wants to present. You know there are rough moments to her life but they are mentioned barely and briefly before I'm reminded again about her millions of album sales. 

The movie was kind of weird at first because Twain still seems to be having problems with her vocal chords and there was a weird squeak to the narration. It was disconcerting to hear her talk back when she was unaffected to now. 

You are going to have to really love Shania Twain to want to watch this.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I just like the parody to the misogynistic Robert Palmer video.  That was a good one

--tg
As a matter of fact, I have had a Shania Twain stuck in my head for the last 24 hours.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm