Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persuasion (2022)
I was entertained but it's not very good. In fact, the more I think about it, the worse I think it is. They went post-modern with it, introducing modern dialogue and lingo (like Bridgerton), and that dialogue is terrible. Plus everyone behaves like modern people (e.g., kissing in public), not according to rigid social conventions of the time. Plus lots of breaking the fourth wall with winking and addressing the camera by the heroine. (I know they did that a bit in Mansfield Park, but it was only a tiny bit.) Henry Golding turn up as the heir to the fortune and is suitably caddish, and Richard E. Grant is the best of the cast as the heroine's vain father.

All in all, it felt like they wanted to make a rom-com out of it. And it didn't work. Not recommended. There was an earlier version that's much better.
the hands that guide me are invisible
We started it last night. It’s Stacy’s fav Austen book. I told her that I wasn’t a fan of Dakota so many times she got annoyed. 

We both hated it and bailed. I was hoping to get to Golding at least but no. Stacy says she’ll see it through some time when she has absolutely nothing else to watch. Not me. I’m out.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse