Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sing 2 (2022)
I enjoyed Sing. I didn't have high hopes for this but felt compelled to watch it for one reason: Bono. Yep, Bono and supposedly a bunch of U2 songs were going to form the basis of the plot.

The whole gang is back except for Seth McFarlan and John C. Reilly. Buster Moon leads the gang again and this time they are going to put on a show in a Las Vegas sort of town on the condition they can get Clay Calloway out of retirement. Clay is played by Bono. There are shenanigans and obstacles aplenty before that happens. And lots of music.

Oddly enough, I enjoyed this, including the execrable U2 song that everyone hated when it was released. However in the scope of the movie it works really well. Dammit. I had a couple laugh out loud moments. I'm still amazed at how well Scarlett Johansson can sing.

I'm guessing this isn't quite in the Doom wheelhouse unless they like animal animation and current pop hits.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I like animal animation and current pop hits.

I was going to say 'will I understand this if I haven't seen the first one?' but then I thought I might have seen the first one but can't remember. I tried to search for a review of Sing (p1) but that's not a great search term and I didn't see it in 4 pages so I gave up. I probably won't bother to watch this tho. I'm way behind in my animated film queue.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I looked for and couldn't find the Sing review as well. Sing was good as well and a bit more fun. But you don't need to watch it to like Sing 2
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

...some how i figured that already, amazingly enough.

still doubtful i'll watch it.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse