Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiderhead
(06-26-2022, 09:36 AM)cranefly Wrote: Anyone wanting a Helmsworth warmup before seeing this movie could always gawk Spiderhead on Netflix.  Not that I'm recommending it.  Overly repetitive, and Chris was creepily unlikable.

Note to self: If a movie is lauded as "currently most popular on Netflix," there's a good chance it's not meant for me.

Note taken. I was thinking about watching this. I might still.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Same.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I needed that warm up because I’m going to the screener next week. The screener for Thor. So yeah, I figured I catch up on Chris. Heck I saw Interceptor (but that was for a job that didn’t even happen). Thor will redeem all these. 

Chris is creepy, but didn’t convince me as an evil genius. Miles is ok. He seemed restrained in his performance. Neither of them acted that high when they were lit on the drugs, nor did they demonstrate any range beyond their usual acting.

Given cf’s lack of interest and review, my expectation bar was low so that was met. It was predictable and a bit flat as thrillers go. There was more potential but the writing felt phoned in. 

The concept was amusing but I wanted the drug trips to be trippier. This film would have been better if it was made by authentic heads who had a better sense of drug trips. 

That being said, I did see it through. I liked the funny bits. 

Not D00M recommended unless you can’t get into a Thor screener and need a Chris fix to tide you over until you can see it with the unwashed unvaccinated masses…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse