Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interceptor
(05-11-2022, 03:43 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:
Interceptor

Yeah, it's bad. Worse than it looks. It's a shame - it had potential to be a decent actioner. 

Elsa Pataky does action well. She's buff, with guns bigger than Portman's newly endowed Thor-ess biceps. Pataky is Chris Hemsworth's wife, and he makes an amusing cameo, which is one of the best parts of the film. And the action is decent, especially the gruesome coup de grace Elsa delivers. 

But it gets muddled in plot - too much talky talk and character development, which ultimately doesn't lead anywhere moving. And action films are in a weird state trying to appeal to a divided audience. I think that's my angle in to this story. 

I'm scheduled to interview Pataky on Monday. She's in Australia.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Well fuck.

The interview with Elsa was cancelled 'due to a schedule shift'. I cannot make the newly proposed date. I got too much to do already with my mom and preparing for Cali Roots. 

I already put together a few hours of notes. What a waste of time. 

I've pitched still doing something for Den based upon the press quotes just so I can salvage my lost time. We'll see if they bite. 

I'd post this in the merc-n-ret thread, but that's already inundated with my tribulations. Losing this is actually a bit of a relief.
The story is dead. Just as well. The movie is weak. I had a decent angle in on it but I’m relieved I didn’t have to spend tonight writing and could just zone out for a bit watching tv.

What an odd sequence of events. First time it’s happened this way.