Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Doom Dogs
I'm at the vet again with Preston. We still don't no why he is itching himself bloody. And it's not just greg hyperbola. He's got scratch marks everywhere. And I'm starting to lose my faith in the vet, mainly because I'm pissed off we can't get the dog to stop hurting himself.

I'm in the little room after the usual 30 minute (I don't even know why they schedule appointments. And I was the first one in the office) The Doc notices that we have never done a skin test on the dog. It startles me when she says this. Wouldn't that be the first thing you checked? She also notices we have never checked for Ringworm, either. This has been going on for almost three months now. The good thing about ringworm is that he could have given it to us, too.
If these tests come back positive, I might have to consider punching my doc. You would think they would have a procedure to follow. Dog's itching, I think we should check the skin. Just a thought.

We won't know about the ringworm until the hair culture comes back in two weeks. She gave us that test for free. The day trip only cost me $180.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
You know it's going to be a bad day, when you are at the vets and the dog pees blood on the tile floor. Not a lot. But then blood shouldn't be coming out of that orifice. Blood shouldn't be coming out at all.
The day gets worse when you pray it's simply rat poisoning and you don't have to go shopping for dog oncologists. I'll know more tomorrow. Cuchulain will be spending the night in a little cage in the vet's office. Unless, it's really bad poisoning and he has to go to the emergency hospital and get watched round the clock. This is still better than the alternative.
The spots on his lungs are much too uniform to be merely the result of poisoning. They are more indicative of lung cancer. Here's hoping for poison.

In other news, Preston continues to treat himself as his favorite scratch and chew toy.
Can I get medical marijauna for the dog. I'm thinking it will help with his appetite. If I can't, why not? Stupid humans get all the breaks.
They don't really get the munchies from it. At least, that's what I hear from many friends who have had their dog eat their stash. Sorry about Preston. Hoping he pulls through.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Stupid genetic differences. It's actually Cuchulain. He won't be pulling through, sad to say.
Time to make him a comfortable place and prepare be present for the transition.
But he's a good looking dog. This was taken yesterday.

[Image: cucu.jpg]
I'm really sorry to hear about Cuchulain. Very sad.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
...although he could use a brushing. Does he seem to be in pain to you?
Not so much. He's having problems breathing. And he has nose bleeds.
That's pretty harsh - are they copius nose bleeds?

Cuchulain's expression in the pic is interesting - can't quite tell what his eyes are saying but they seem to be saying something. Maybe it was just really bright when you took the snap.

Keep us updated and let us know if you need anything. Anything at all...
He's actually looking up at the Flash. He wondered about the beeping noise . I took advantage of the angel look.
You take care of the nose bleeds with ice and epinephrine.

Thanks for your support. I will keep you posted
The first commandment is to get the dog to eat.

Then, they give me a medicine that makes him throw up.

The medicine that makes him throw up must be taken with food.

You make the call.
Ok, not funny. But it works for LB.

Arrow :butthead:
I'll be more than happy to administer a suppository to LB. After all I have a picture of where it goes.