Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Adam Project (2022)
When is DM going to write the piece for DoG arguing that Ryan Reynolds can only act as Deadpool these days?

The Adam Project is another example of RR only playing DP in everything he does. As a bonus, every other character in the film also uses the DP fast quip style of acting as well. It's Quipsapolooza! It was kind of fun when the kid do it because it was amusing to see that kind of dialogue come out a kid but when Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo talked that way as well tiresome.

Ryan Reynolds travels back in time to rescue the future. He hits the wrong time and must deal with his younger self as they work together to solve time travel problems. Catherine Keener is the bad guy trying to stop them. Fortunately for the two Adams, the bad guys can be taken out with one punch or blow to the head. There are a few funny scenes especially when Future Adam tries to mentor Present Day Adam. It's all very predictable. They have to go to the place to do thing in order to stop the thing. A ticking clock is involved.

But again, Deadpool all the time. Which is good since the director of The Adam Project (and Free Guy), Shawn Levy has been tapped to direct Deadpool 3.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(03-14-2022, 08:37 AM)Greg Wrote: It's Quipsapolooza! 

Oooh, good one. Gonna have to poach that for something... thx.

I almost watched this last nigh in anticipation of your review here but I was RR'ed out already. I'll get there eventually.

For Sydney. 
[Image: 7397ab1062210158a0cd742a1fe72ca3d4ccae5f.gifv]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
She has about two minutes of screen time. Enjoy.

(03-14-2022, 09:16 AM)Greg Wrote: She has about two minutes of screen time. Enjoy.

WTF?!?!

Gawdammit. It's gonna be another Elecktra, ain't it?

[Image: GlisteningTiredFish-size_restricted.gif]
And for a movie set in 2022, they play a lot of music from the 1970s. Felt like they were ripping off James Gunn.

This is sliding down on my queue...

lower and lower...

Truth be told, Jennifer Garner hasn't delivered anything that good since Alias. Except for her IG. I like her IG. 

I still hold a candle for Sydney tho. Alias was a great show until the final season or so, when it completely fell apart. 

[Image: jennifer-garner-elektra.gif]
You must see it. It's great......

[Image: f575a5db615b3991fdce38f621fa5ff3649711ff.gifv]
Watched it. For a scifi actioner, it wasn’t bad. Quipapalooza is definitely the word here, but the action is good, the PNW settings are nice. A little too heavy on the daddy issues, but I didn’t think my time was wasted. I usually curate my viewing experience through liberal use of the “fast-forward” button, but I let this one play through.

I finally remembered where I knew one of the heavies from. He played “Four” in the series “Dark Matter”.

Anyway, I’m not afraid of no Quip-Master. Good way to turn your brain off for 1.5 hours
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.