Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bubble (2022)
The Long con is on.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I saw that on Karen Gillian's socials I think. What is this?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
There is a movie coming from Netflix called The Bubble about a group of actors trying to make a movie in the Covid Bubble. It just so happens all the actors are making the movie Cliff Beasts 6.

Ah clever. Now it makes sense. 

I'm in for Gillan.
And just like that, the real trailer drops and all is made clear.

The trailer makes it clear this will be horrible.

Yes, I will hate watch.

(03-04-2022, 09:58 AM)Greg Wrote: The trailer makes it clear this will be horrible.

I dunno. Good cast. 

Perhaps it'll be like me watching MMA films - we know what the real BTS is like and a fictional one comes off as ridiculously farcical. I'll watch too but without the hate.
Some day, you too will embrace the dark side.

My hate is justified.

How bout No?

The Bubble isn't very good despite it's stellar cast. I laughed out loud a couple times but those were the exception. Right at the beginning of the pandemic all the cast gets together to start filming Cliff Beasts 6. They must follow the health protocols in order to make the film. So, there are those jokes. All the actors play certain tropes that are very familiar so there are those jokes. It's the first time director. It's the producer trying to avoid a flop. There are the behind the scenes making a movie jokes. The film just gets dumber and dumber as time wears on.

Pedro Pascal (Mando) I think has the most fun in the film. He's at least doing sort of interesting things. But that's about it.

The cameo by Dr. Stange is the most surreal.

If this is a flop comedy about a flop, it's kinda meta, right? 

Any comedy that can make me laugh out loud is okay...

Might still watch this. Might not...
Chillin' with Gillian
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Just to avoid the Faux Pas, it's Gillan.

Gillian Anderson? X-Files?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Karen Gillan.

I'd chill with her, too. In her garage.
(04-06-2022, 09:15 AM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: I'd chill with her, too. In her garage.

is that a new euphemism?