Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Little Dragon wants us to gather
OK - One vote for March 30/31st

Any seconds? (Seconding will choose the day)
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Here's the thing.
If we have it on March 31, there's a chance -- which admittedly grows slimmer with each passing year -- that the proceedings will creep into the wee hours beyond the midnight-zone.
And, well, that means April 1.
This could be extremely dangerous, it seems to me. Because in these dark halls I keep sensing a lot of scores to settle, all coursing along the flux lines of Doom. April 1 could be one of them there nasty nexuses -- a coming together of mischief and opportunity...

Then again, do we want to live in fear?

One caveat. I have a huge deadline the end of the month. These tend to be very hard deadlines and highly stressful. So I have to say I'm iffy.
I'm nobody's pony.
Sleep-over at Cranefly's house!!!!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I have this tournament in Berkeley on the 24th, which goes all day and all night. It's gone 'til 1AM in the past, but I never see it through. I hang out, schmooze, take some pix, and try to cajole old friends to buy me drinks. It usually works. My original suggestion would have been the 24th, since I'll be in Berkeley already, and it's a short hop to ED's from there. That would have been so perfect, I might have even BARTed. But now, there's a possibility that my cub might be at a sleepover that night which presents a rare opportunity that only married with children couples might appreciate (re: none of you).

I don't trust a date set by PPFY. How many times has he stood us up. I'm not waiting on a lady. I'm just waiting on PPFY.

CF has an excellent point about April 1st. Free the fool, anyone?

What does this mean? DM's waffling like a proper liberal. I'll have more data later in the week and let you know then.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I've got a wee bairn hereabouts. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.
[/list]
Sorry HK, I totally forgot you. This Saturday is looking more likely, but I still don't know for sure yet. Mrs. DM has made plans for the evening of March 31st and they tentatively involve another DOOMer...
So is LB. Our SigO's have spoken. :oops:
Anyone else?

If we do it the 24th, could someone pick me up from BART and take me home after?
If you put out.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
At this point I'd say the 30th or maybe even April 6/7.

This week has been brutal at work and my energy level for the 24th would mean a 9:30 bedtime.
Alright, no 24th. I'll just have to get drunk with martial arts people after the tournament. Sorry to hear work's been rough, ED. Hope things get better.

The 30th is still viable for me. Not sure about April yet. APR 6 is Good Friday, which is neither here nor there.

Anyone else up for the 30th?
Friday, March 30th...? Yeah, I think I can make that. I'll check with SigO, but I think it will work.

I even have a bottle of something that needs to be lowered a bit.

-PPFY
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
OK - 2 definite 'maybes' is a pretty strong commitment from Doom.

I'm sealing it in blood:

When: Friday March 30th

Time: Any time after 6PM

Where: Maggimoto Castle

745 Aileen St.
Oakland,CA 94609
HM: 510-601-1795
Cell: 510-207-5122
You sure you can't stay up late this Saturday anyway? A coffee enema would perk you right up. Would it bother you if I showed up on your doorstep anyway. I'll be in your 'hood, sort of. Maybe.
I'm in.