Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agatha Christie's Crooked House (2017)
An Agatha Christie murder mystery without Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple. Detective Hayward is called to the manor house to investigate the death of his former lover's grandfather. It had a good cast with Terrence Stamp, Glen Close, Gillian Anderson and Christina Hendricks. I think a lot of the actors were given the advice to chew scenery, so they did. Miss Anderson was the most egregious, but that was kind of her character as well as she was a failed actress.

So, Mr. Leonidas was give poison instead of insulin and the job is to find who switched out the vials. Was it son number one who is trying to get a movie made for his wife and needs money. Is it son number two who needs a bailout because his business is failing. Is it the granddaughter who stands to inherit millions? Is it the grandson who plays rock music? The precocious granddaughter who is trying to solve the murder as well and listens at everyone's doors? Or is it Glen Close who goes around firing her shotgun at the moles eating up the yard?

I knew pretty early who it was. But it's not like the show gave you a lot of clues to solve the mystery yourself. I just placed my money on the horse who I thought would win. Or lose. Or kill. The show was pretty slow. The timeline jumped around from the war years in Cairo to the 1950s when the movie is set. And the delineation between the times wasn't all that clear. And for the longest time I thought the movie was set between the wars and then thought it odd they were talking about rock music and Elvis Presley.

Not recommended. Zero sword fights. No fights really.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm