Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Castle for Christmas (2021)
This could also be in films I couldn't finish. It's a Christmas movie set in Scotland starring Carey Elwes. It's #10 on the Netflix Top Ten list. How could I go wrong?

So, wrong. So, very very wrong. Brooke Shields is a romance novelist whose latest novel is drawing the ire of all her fans because she has killed of the male lead in her book series. She's also just gone through a messy divorce. She escapes to Scotland to get away from it all. She wants to visit the castle where her grandfather used to work, Dun Dunbar. There she meets the Duke who is in dire financial straights and is getting ready to sell Dun Dunbar. Naturally they hate each other on sight. But they need to live together at the castle in order for the story to work.

Look. It's terrible. Brooke Shields doesn't look right. Cary Elwes is doing a Scottish accent. It's not funny. I quit before the falling in love or any of the Christmas bits.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Oof.

We appreciate you jumping on this grenade for us although I suspect none of D00M were in that xmas foxhole...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
No one was going there. Absolutely no one.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Nope. 

But maybe we'll go there now to bury your grenade shredded body in that dumb xmas foxhole. 

Or maybe we'll just leave you to the vultures and rats...

Carey & Brooke indeed.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
She looked SO bad. And he was orangish.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
We watched this (for a low mental effort evening) and Greg is right. The scenery was nice, but it looked to me like they filmed in spring or summer. It really didn't look like winter.
the hands that guide me are invisible