Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The King's Man
(11-23-2021, 08:35 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:

The King's Man

(11-24-2021, 06:46 AM)Greg Wrote: I am ready for Kingsman. I think it's been on the shelf for at least two years.

(11-24-2021, 07:35 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 07:04 AM)Greg Wrote: I am ready for the King's Man. So, now Ralph Fiennes is the head of two spy agencies? That seems a bit greedy.

We’ve had this conversation before. It was funnier the first time.

(11-24-2021, 08:47 AM)Greg Wrote: At least I was funny at one point.

aw damn...unavailable

here's the direct link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diJ-ARiKKEw

(11-30-2021, 09:18 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 08:35 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:

The King's Man

(11-24-2021, 06:46 AM)Greg Wrote: I am ready for Kingsman. I think it's been on the shelf for at least two years.

(11-24-2021, 07:35 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 07:04 AM)Greg Wrote: I am ready for the King's Man. So, now Ralph Fiennes is the head of two spy agencies? That seems a bit greedy.

We’ve had this conversation before. It was funnier the first time.

(11-24-2021, 08:47 AM)Greg Wrote: At least I was funny at one point.

aw damn...unavailable

here's the direct link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diJ-ARiKKEw

okay, maybe it is available...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Do you owe the quote tweet function money or something?

I can see the video.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Well, the sword fights were good.

The rest was a mess. It had its moments but it never establishes a tone. Not sure if a re-edit would save it. 

But the fights were cool.
Forgot to mention - HP factor 2 - Voldemort & Lovegood
I am disappointed. That was one of the movies I'd been looking forward to seeing. The first one was classic. The 2nd was medium. C'est la vie.

Yeah, it’s got some moments but it’s over two hours. I enjoyed the first two but it’s somewhat strayed from the outrageousness and doesn’t have the cast star power. It’s got some D00M worthy fight scenes but not worth going to the movie theater to see. Catch it at home.

I don’t think it’s a franchise killer. I think there will be more. A lot more are planned. But given the Disney-20th century merge and the pandemic, the impact of a flop is hard to ascertain. It’s going up against Spidey & Matrix for Xmas - tough competition that.
Kind of a spoiler of the best part of this film...

Well, that was bad. Maybe not bad so much as dull. Where is the verve and excitement of the first two films? Certainly not in this film. Was Vaughn trying to do a war film? A spy film? A father-son film. So many cliches and not well done, either. For a brief bit there was some humor when Fiennes tries to climb the cliff. Even the fights weren't filmed as stylistically as in the first two. It all seemed very straight ahead. I think we were about fifteen minutes in when tQ said "This is terrible"

I felt I had to see it since the first one was so good and I hoped lightning might strike again.

Yup. 

Fast forward to the fight scene - particularly the Rasputin fight posted above. That was awesome - a testament to the late Brad Allen. 

But the rest is so skippable. Such a disappointment. 

Nevertheless, the franchise soldiers onward...
IIRC, the second one where Elton John is kidnapped is more than terrible and this was not nearly so terrible. I expect much worse. I was most irked by the chimneying goat. 

I'm a sucker for WW1 planes and there were sword fights! So I'm giving this a meh+ rating. 

--tv
Whaaaaat?!?!

Elton was hilarious. What this movie needed was Elton. That would’ve redeemed so much.

This one was far more terrible. Regarding the sword fights, it really bugs me that Ralph is holding his cane sword improperly on the poster.