Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Notice (2021)
Can you guess what I think about this film? Sure you can...

(I'm just waiting for someone to show me where we posted the first trailer for this film)

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Here.  Second entry down.
http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/s...94&page=86

You flagged the title correctly in the subject line.  Not certain why search doesn't catch it.
I'm nobody's pony.
C'est la vie. I'm not merging.

I wasn't able to search Attack the Block last night (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=2317), but I knew it was there because I saw it in my great martial arts movie subforum migration. 

Weird that the search engine has been buggy...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
So, that happened. Not as horrible as I expected but still not very good. Everyone plays to type. You have to suspend your belief a lot. You have to stop asking questions about how that even works.

The relationship between the Rock and Deadpool is as contentious as you would expect because one is a crook and the other is a cop but they have to find a way to work together. And because of the success of Deadpool, every character that Reynolds plays comes off as a quipster because that is what works for him. I hear he also writes a lot of his own dialogue.

It's also set piece centric. All the quiet scenes in between the big action sequences just feel like filler until you get to another big action sequence. The action sequences are good but feel like stand alone pieces.

And I'm beginning to think Gal Gadot needs to go off and do some non-action movies to see if she can be an actor.

I did really enjoy three pieces towards the end, all done by Reynolds. Very fourth wall breaking and poking fun at action movies.

Also it was good that those poor starving actors could have their alcohol brands be given product placement in the movie. How lucky was that?

I pretty much concur. 

I'll add the the first actions sequences have some fine moments, both cinematographically and choreographically. I loved the opening scene, the drone zoom in to the Rock entering Castel Sant'Angelo, which has a fine armory collection and looks nothing like depicted on the inside. 

I really don't care for Deadpool's sense of humor. I get it but it's too cloying for me to be overly amused. And the Rock is exactly the same in every single thing he does. Glad that works for him. As a buddy frenemy flick, their coupling is serviceable. The overall pacing kept moving along like a decent pice of candy, changing flavor just about when the shallowness got to be too much with another action piece. 

Gal was gorgeous like always and gobbled up every scene. Does she need to prove herself as an actress? Yeah, that'd be cool if she really has any dramatic chops. Can she just go on being the glamor queen that she is? I'd be okay with that too, but I do hope she will act someday. 

Not horrible. Not great. Not overly memorable. But there are far worse ways to kill two hours on Netflix. 

Not particularly D00M recommended unless you're a fan of any of the cast (I confess I'm smitten with Gal but I'm a hetero male and that's just the way it is). I predict the Yeti will give it a thumbs up because it's an entertaining distracting action flick. 
I give it a thumbs up because it is an entertaining distracting action flick.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
It's probably in the box labeled McGuffin!

That was a decent mcguffin. Didn’t see it coming but it wasn’t the sort of flick that I was tracking too closely - part of that park your brain outside mode.
I will say this for Ryan Reynolds, he is really good at promotion.

Does Ryan Reynolds channel Bugs Bunny?

The lighting in this film was great. At one point (still under the plaza de toros) I had to pause for something and the frozen frame was of The Rock in a white shirt against old dark columns. It looked like a painting. Many other scenes were just saturated and gorgeous (though birding on gratuitous and some obvious green screen)

—tg
Tara said she couldn’t finish this. She’s a fan of Gal. We had both independently planned to watch Jungle Cruise afterwards for a Rock binge but I bailed and she didn’t even get through this. There’s a Rock threshold and it’s short.
(10-21-2021, 08:57 AM)Greg Wrote:  I'm not merging.

What chaos you have wrought here.