Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Xmas
...ya scurvy pirate ninja brotherhoodies!

xo,
hk
got my first xmas gift (unless you count the disco shirt, but i'm still thinking that was acceptance to starfleet academy command training program - it says so on the sleeve).  on a hike today at nisene, i found a pair of raybans half buried in the mud.  it took a lot of cleaning - bon ami, disinfectant wipes, dish soap - but i think i'll be able to reclaim them.  they are almost clean now - just gotta do the final polish in daylight. 

i was hoping for some new shades for xmas but didn't put that on my list. yay me. 

Cool
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Do you need a Disco Duck shirt now as well?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(12-24-2019, 08:54 AM)Greg Wrote: Disco Duck 

the way your brain works is simply fascinating sometimes...

Huh
This year, the covidxmas haul was slim. I got a new printer from Stacy but there was no surprise because the deliverer handed it to me over a week ago in a clearly marked box. She also gave me an xmas bath bomb (already used - twas nice) and a dog breed encyclopedia. Tara sent me a masked Sailor Mars sweatshirt, a Star Wars deck of playing cards and a homemade candle in a Guinness can, plus a homemade Mandalorian card. My mom gave me some money.
No gifting amongst The Harknii, and no gifting 'twixt me & The Honey (neither of us wants/needs more *things*, rather do travel together or a real nice dinner) so the almost sole source of gifting is the students.

Covid haul definitely less. Lotta Amazon cards, a nice tin of mamools, high-end olive oil/balsamic/home made bread, the letter "C" in legos, lots of chocolate (I gave away 3 lbs and still had too much to eat). No whisky, though.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(12-27-2020, 06:58 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: No whisky, though.

Me neither. Feckin 2020
Is this a trend now? I didn't get Whiskey either. Dammit.

Our Christmas was pleasant. The neighbors dropped off cookies and fruit trays. I did a couple of Zoom chats with the family, one of which was with my east coast cousins. Made tQ and I a nice big breakfast. We went for walks. We opened gifts. It was nice. tQ got me a bunch of nice gadgets and new shirts and new shoes. For dinner, we had a nice ham that will keep us in leftovers for at least a week.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

We just went over to my mom's and brought her a nice lunch, and Yuki, who was a terror but we could just lock him outside and he could stare in from the glass door in the dining room. We zoomed with Tara. It was low key, like everyone's I should hope, but very pleasant.
We did a socially distanced gift exchange at Seacliff beach, on the bluff overlooking the cement boat, midday on xmas eve with my GF, my son and my mom. It was a gorgeous day. I got a sweater from my son (who has cool taste in clothes, so that's almost always a win), and a turtleneck sweater from the GF. My mom gave me a calendar of Natl Park posters - the old travel posters....luv those. Late gift from the GF arrived today: a weighted blanket. I can't wait to try it!

From the yeti, I got a most awesome sled and a non-peaty 12 year that below yeti quality, but I like it. (btw: we took it out to a nearby park and the GF says the seat is a winner. Her butt thanks you...)

Gifts from my daughter are still pending...

--tg
Christmas Eve we walked around Palo Alto and then stopped at the church in Los Altos to see if the plaque for my mom's urn was up yet (it wasn't). Christmas day we stayed home and Christina made a lasagna (that we just finished today). At our request, we weren't exchanging gifts with Christina's family (but they did among themselves) or with each other, but we both ordered a things we needed - she got a coat and I got a pair of shoes. Most unexpectedly, my brother sent me a book. One of the professors gave me a CD and an Amazon card (Christina will probably use that; I try never to buy from Amazon), plus she passed on her book discards to me, and they netted me $50 in trade at Recycle.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Xmas eve zoom with bros, Xmas day dinner with another couple at a well-ventilated vacant fencing club. Big distance, masked while not eating. One member of the couple brought Arabic food and we brought turkey/stuffing/mashed potatoes. H baked a Cortland’s Bread Pudding (sweet with caramel pecan cashew bourbon sauce) and a sweet-potato pie. The bread pudding got the bourbon infused whipped cream that she also made.

Got stuffed, never even tried the turkey, etc, until the next day. Homemade dolmas, a seasoned baked chicken with a rice stuffing, hand-made pita bread, several spreads (some spicy) great mamools for dessert. Lovely.

H spends her time between Fall and Winter quarters making socially satirical Nativities. She had it mostly done by Dec 26 and will have it all the way done by Wednesday. Zoom invites to view (or maybe just video on her FB). The theme this year: 2020 Dumpster Fire.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.

[attachment=13 Wrote:     Drunk Monk pid='44030' dateline='1609131669']
(12-27-2020, 06:58 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: No whisky, though.

Me neither. Feckin 2020

Last minute save on the whisky front, but I may actually have preferred to have a total whisky drought. Let’s see if I can get these photos to attach

“Made with exceptional dedication to quality and excellence for moments worth celebrating”. Wow. So much hot air, I could heat the fencing club with it. Even more vapidity on the back. Truly, a testament to hack marketing