Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I became a Superhero (2021)
It's no Superman.

People with powers and people without coexist on the streets of Paris. The rules about who has powers is never really explained or where powered come from but I just went with. The cop, Moreau, is tasked with being the police liaison with a super hero squad Park Royal. But when things go awry with Park Royal and the squad breaks up, Moreau is back to solving crimes involving powered people.

The latest crime in the city appears to be someone going around burning people. Kids are acquiring powers via a new drug on the street. Moreau needs to find the source. Moreau is given a new partner to help solve the crimes. Moreau does not get along with his new female partner. Of course. Then there's a kidnapping. Moreau needs help from the members of Park Royal. It's all kind of scattered.

I felt like I'd seen most of this plot before and done better. I'm tired of police partners who initially  hate each other and then don't. I'm tired of people suddenly finding themselves with powers when before they didn't. There is a lot to be tired of in this film.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Soooooo Not DOOM recommended?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Not so much. Unless you like those crappy DCU movies, then go ahead.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

ouch

meanie

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95252309c90b055fb9e1c...y.gif&ct=g]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse