Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doom Dreams
I do like the cameo of ACWLPFB. One of my favorite jobs.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
DM and I are in a room at this big hotel.  There must be a convention going on.  DM is standing near me while I sit on the sofa looking through a brochure.  I'm blathering away about its contents, and it suddenly occurs to me that DM has been unusually silent.

I glance up and am freaked to see DM pale as a ghost, eyes unfocused, on the point of collapse.  I jump up and guide him into a sprawl on the sofa.  I need to call 911, I keep thinking.  Yes, that's what I need to do.  Right?  But I'm frozen, unable to act.

Then DM says, "Give me the phone."  So I grab the phone and try to give it to him.  But he says, "No, a rotary phone."  I'm baffled.  Meanwhile, DM shifts pillows about and finds a rotary phone.  He lifts the receiver and dials a number.

Someone apparently answers, because DM says into the phone, "Yeah, I've got a temperature of twenty-eight four."

And I'm thinking, twenty-eight four?  That sounds really serious!  I need to call 911!.  But then I'm thinking, Wait a second.  Is that Celsius?  I struggle to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit but am getting nowhere, and that's when I wake up.

I'm shaken and can't get back to sleep for a couple hours.

This happened two nights ago after DM first reported serious issues with the Pom.  I think that was the genesis.

P.S.:  DM?  Lose the Celsius, okay?  I can't do math in my dreams.
I'm nobody's pony.
Didn't that really happen?

Now I iz confuzzled.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Since my distressful life-changing event a few weeks ago (and I thank you again for not prying) I’ve had to repress my feelings to keep up with work. April & May were impacted already - no wiggle room - so I trod on. But my dreams have been agitating - although I’ve been getting recently sleep lately, my subconscious has been expressing itself with harsh dreams so I awake frustrated, processing symbols and messages, then quickly forgetting the dream content, only retaining the aggravation. Not quite nightmares but very disturbing stuff. Been harsh. Maybe I need better sleeep aids but I need to wake up early & clear to face hwy17 3 days a week.

Usually I only post dreams here when DOOM is involved, but I’m making this exception just to get it out of me at this hour. The blue moon is adding juice to tonight’s agro dreams.
Dear Mr. Fawlty,
Please stop telling us to not talk about the war.

KTB
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Sorry.  I guess that is pretty fucked up.  

It's been a surreal month, one that I had planned to catch my breath before plunging into the next two months - April & May 2018 - when I knew I was going to be slammed by work and other extenuating circumstances.  I didn't get that rest, sad to say, and now I just must trod on.  But it's a major shift in my world view, and perhaps it will always stay within the confines of my immediate family - hopefully so because if it blows up, it will be catastrophic.  It's weird because it's just something that I'm not into sharing, even with you all who know me fairly well - it's too personal really and my only confidante of that level died last year.  It has me pondering the fact that I've led this 'psychiatric crisis' team for like a quarter century now, and yet there's no one there with whom I'd seek counsel for this.  Anyway, I've also been pondering charting my dreams here because I forget them so quickly like I've already lost last nights.  But frankly, I don't have the time as it's nightly. 

I do remember yesternight's dream.  I was leading some sort of tour in some kind of safari park, and I was out in the badlands of the part where a baby elephant was getting mauled by jackals.  It was grisly.  I radioed for back up, but we were so far out that the elephant would be dead by the time any help arrived.  So I started thinking about how to chase away the jackals and bandage the elephant.  Then everyone on the tour started to bid me goodbye and although I didn't recognize anyone, it was very sad.  Then I woke, very unsettled.

Maybe I'll start a separate non-DOOM dream journal thread here.  If I have the time...
Sometimes the details just stick.

In this case, I was in a hotel room that had at least ten locks on the door running from top to bottom. And I could hear from the other rooms around me the locks being turned as quick as they could. And then unlocked. I realized the people around me were playing a game of seeing who could lock and unlock all their locks the fastest.

I don't remember the above dream at all.

But I've fallen into the DM Bizzaro World. This morning I snapped awake at 2:40.

I dreamt I was in my parents kitchen with my friend Ruedi Kaspar. I was looking at the tiles on the kitchen counter, realizing they were 6x6 white tiles just like in almost every kitchen we looked at in Oakhurst. Except the grout between the tiles is 1/2 an inch thick wide.

Ruedi starts telling me that the counter in his parents kitchen has cracked twice because something slammed down on it. Then he proceeds to slam down on my parents counter. I awake from the dream on the second loud slam because there was a thunderous noise in my actual bedroom. It woke the Queen as well. It took us a moment to realize that the stack of flooring I had in the bedroom hallway had toppled. (New flooring is scattered all around the house to acclimate it to the house temperatures before installation)

I get out of bed and restack the flooring to prevent more collapses.

Since my brain is now up, I start thinking of projects for the new house and projects for the old house. I leave for the dog walk at 3:50.

(02-13-2019, 07:39 AM)Greg Wrote: But I've fallen into the DM Bizzaro World. 

Bah. Not even.  You have your very own bizarro world.  And you can keep it to yourself.
Keeping things to myself isn't how this forum operates.

Okay fair enough.  But I still say our bizarro worlds are different, for the most part.  Parallel but quite different.
Sex dream. Although there is something off-putting about having sex in a car in front of the gas station at the corner of Prospect and Saratoga-Sunnyvale and the owner comes out and asks you to leave because he can't have that thing in front of his establishment. And when you go to drive away, both of your tires are flat, no doubt caused by a member of the crowd that has been around the car. Yes, daytime.

Once we all switch to electric cars, those kinds of embarrassing sex dreams will cease.
I'm nobody's pony.
I'm at a Hong Kong cinematic awards show. Everyone is speaking Cantonese and I'm not sure wth is going on. I'm directed to go on stage with 4 other celebs. The others are illustrious, including Donnie Yen. I'm seated in the center until Donnie says 'I should be in the center. Move over'. I move to the side. Some matriarchal stage manager says 'I don't think you're anyone' and eventually am led offstage to a green room with a bunch of celebs, all in formal wear, seated in a maze of black vinyl couches. I'm summoned again as the producer of some show I've never heard of. I follow directions and head to stage, where I meet the rest of the cast who are all wondering wtf I am.  I'm wondering why I'm there too, saying 'I think there's been a mistake'. Dream fades out from there.

I usually only post here when there's a DOOM bro involved.  But there wasn't one here.  It was very Hong Kong and even tho I've been to HK with the cfs (ask about the topless bar ms. cf made us go in - just ask), there were no DOOM cameos.  I just woke up earlier than I hoped on a sleep-in Sunday and figured I'd check the forum here.

psykoanaleesis - The formal wear is an echo of last night's symphony where the orchestra was all wearing tales.  The HK influence comes from both watching A Fist in Four Walls and my upcoming trip to FL next weekend for a 50th celebration of a noted HK master. Donnie is probably because I'm wondering about Enter the Fat Dragon, also connected to that TV show. The imposter aspect is just common neurosis.

Greg - you omitted the most key aspect of your dream.  Who were you having sex with?  

Don't say one of us... Angry
Then I won't say.

It was actually a woman from another car seeking revenge for some earlier slight I had given her.