Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doom Dreams
What do you care, splitter?

Granted, the land of Ire is the best excuse...

Note that I just got the floor plan for South Hall and B.A.B. still has two tables - they will now be Dragon Crew/Rock Med.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
You are right. Why should I care. It's a touch of the FOMO, but it will pass. Good luck, Victor and crew.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

U got TCEC FOMO? WTF? I got IRE FOMO...
One is probably stronger than the other.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(05-01-2023, 06:05 PM)Greg Wrote: One is probably stronger than the other.
[Image: 612c5ca2a6ea3c0a2034d35c5fcaa787.gif]

I dreamt I was in a shoot-out, a full on fire fight, ala John Wick. I was doing the two guns, one in each hand thing, strutting confidently down a walkway shooting everyone I saw. It was fun. 
I think this is what my subconscious thinks TCEC will be like starting Friday. It won't be like that at all. But at least my subconscious thinks so...
I had a rock climbing dream. Again an easy subconscious metaphor for the climb ahead.
I’m watching tv with Stacy. We’re in recliners but then I’m on the floor. I’ve dozed off but I wake up to Stacy laughing and throwing stuff about - something she’s found and is going the throw away. It’s like my parents’ house but cartoonishly larger. I’m not awake and stumble into the living room where the floor is covered with … is it glass shards? No plastic. No d&d dice. No plastic cups. I can’t tell. I wake up alarmed.

Another dream - I’m sitting at a picnic table with some other people. A woman seated next to me and I try to get up but then we fall to the ground in slow motion. She thinks it’s funny. Maybe it’s an old friend from rock Med who I haven’t seen since a memorial for her son. We’re entangled on the ground and cannot get up. Again I awake alarmed.

There were two other dreams like this - short, confused and I awake alarmed, but I forgot the other two already. The last of the four, Yuki goes into a massive barking fit. I lie in bed for a while listening to it and decide his bark sounds off, like something weird is going on, so I get up to see if it’s the lion. It’s not. I don’t see anything. The motion detector light isn’t even on.

I blame those Junji Ito stories for my weird dreams.
I dream that I must get up urgently. So I do that. Now I’m awake and have no idea what was so urgent. I don’t have to pee. The bungalow is quiet. I guess I’ll go back to sleep then:
I dreamed that I was at the gym, and there were three pieces of crap on the carpet. I was holding one of those black school music stands, holding from way down at one end so I couldn't control it well, and it landed in shit. I went looking for something to clean it up but didn't find anything, and when I got back the shit and music stand were gone.

I have no idea what that's about.
the hands that guide me are invisible
I was shaving and I suddenly realize I shaved off my mustache and beard. At first I’m worried that it exposes the scar on my chin (which is why I keep the beard) but then I’m surprised at how many years it takes off my face. I start wondering if anyone will notice and what I might say if they do. It’s a very palpable experience, feeling my nekkid face.

Psychoanal- I’m sure this came out of last night’s Zatoichi ep ( http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...3#pid67333 ) because there was a scene where a ronin shaves with a katana.
I’m at San Diego comic con about to give a panel. But it’s just me and some dude I don’t know. There are no name cards and no moderator. The other dude and I do not get along. There’s a decent crowd gathered, and I’m very annoyed by it all.

Psychoanal - ordinarily I’d write this off and a test anxiety dream but I wasn’t the least bit anxious just annoyed. I think there was more about sdcc in the dream, like an encounter walking the aisles or something but I’ve lost track of that.
I wish I could remember the dream I just had during my nap! It was like simultaneously watching and then being in some sort of fun martial arts movie. It was fun, it was interesting, it was funny, I was super-invested in some sort of goal and then I woke up, and all the details disappeared, damn it!
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Sounds like the story of my life…
I’m at a McWhorters (sp? The stationary chain store) somewhere in the galaxy with an unknown accomplice trying to buy a calculator but the cashier keeps making mistakes and ringing us up wrong. I get so frustrated that I dive over the counter, grab the person by the collar and shake them. I remove their glasses as an act of intimidation. Never do get the calculator.

Psychoanal- the Galaxy bit is clearly a result of watching too much Star Wars lately. The calculator is probably due to my YMAA boss being really into statistical sales analysis, open and click thru rates, so I use a calculator quite regularly as part of my work. I aced stats in college - one of the few times I did well in any maths course - so I’ve got a decent grasp of stats. And I realize the massive amount of calculations are correlative data not conclusive so not necessarily valid, but it’s better than pure guesswork so we do it.