Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Turkey Day
The Queen wanted me to pass along this recipe and picture of the end product. Enjoy!

Quote:Subject: Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe

Ingredients:

1 whole chicken or turkey
1 large lemon, cut into halves
sprig of rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
butter or olive oil, whichever you prefer

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Rub butter or oil over the skin of the chicken/turkey until it is completely coated.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper and any other seasonings you prefer.

Take a knife and gently separate the skin from the breast meat;

Slide lemon halves under the skin with the peel side up, one on each side. This way the juice from the lemon will release into the breasts.
Place sprig of rosemary into the chicken/turkey.

Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes. Remove cover and continue
to roast until juices run clear, basting every 15-20 minutes.

If you've followed these steps correctly, your chicken/turkey should look like the one in the picture.

Bon Appetit!

[Image: turkey.jpg]
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
...I would want my chicken or turkey to look like that because.....
I'm just saying.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
I really, really, REALLY like lemons.
I'm nobody's pony.
Don't play with your food, CF.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
You've been hanging around Greg too long.
My wife says we're having whales. :?

Seriously.
As has been noted, El Rey is inaccessible to me so I can’t tune into this year’s Way of the Turkey marathon. But I can get the schedule and watch along because pretty much all of the films are available on one or another of my streaming services. The downside is I don’t see the commercials and I wonder if they are using any of the bytes we filmed between scenes. They had us each say what our top 5 fight scenes were on camera. Immediately after shooting it, I realized I should’ve restricted my selection to top 5 Shaw bro fights. I think I included Seven Samurai but that should’ve really been Rashomon and I may have said The Duellists too.

Then again, it may all end up on the cutting room floor. 

It is the perfect set up for next week’s ep - weapons of Kung Fu.

Last night I watched some of House of Traps. Luv that film. The Venom mob’s best non-venomous flick. So absurd, needs a redux.
House of Traps is magnificent, both for the final fight scenes which are awesome (long takes, so intricate, some of the best ever) and the worst dialog/dubbing. It wins double-gold.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
ttt for tomorrow