Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death to 2020
A Netflix mockumentary from the makers of Black Mirror. Great cast - Samuel Jackson, Hugh Grant, Leslie Jones, Lisa Kudrow, Tracey Ullman, and more, all it satirical talking head roles. Lawrence Fishburne narrates the year in review. It’s America from a Brit perspective, and some spot on commentary. Got a few genuine lols out of me despite the tragic year. It’s only a little over an hour - there are far worse ways to spend that view time.

No sword fights. DOOM recommended.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Saw it and skipped it. Will now revisit.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

It’s the Black Mirror influence that hooked me. I luv their sense of humor and perspective.
This was really good and funny. Laurence Fishburne does a great job. The jokes come fast. I might have to rewatch because I was laughing over a lot of the dialogue. Plus it was an excellent summary of the year.

Quote:"Two Thumbs Up!"
- SisGreg and EDM

I'm trying to convince Stacy to watch this with me tonight. I'd like to see it again to catch some more of the quick lines and it seems fitting for this year. Stacy is always wary of my recommendations and understandably so. She's not that into sword fights.
Talked LCF into watching it with me tonight.  Quite a few laughs, some while cringing inside because what is meant to be hyperbolic humor isn't really an exaggeration.
I'm nobody's pony.
We watched again too. Or I did. Stacy for the first time. There's a lot of fast peripheral jokes in the corners. Good for a second watch.
That was very, very funny. Both H and I loved it. I’m going to rewatch it now to see what I missed.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Good to know that they (The Black Mirror folks) can be funny as well as twisted/dark/scary....

—tg
This was pretty twisted/dark/scary...
Death to 2021

More of the same quick biting soul crushing humor. Several characters reprised. Lucy Liu joins the talking heads. More Netflix product placement with Brigerton & Squid Games. A bit grimmer because we continue on this downward spiral. I hope there isn’t a threequel but that seems unlikely.
(12-31-2021, 08:07 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Death to 2021

More of the same quick biting soul crushing humor. Several characters reprised. Lucy Liu joins the talking heads. More Netflix product placement with Brigerton & Squid Games. A bit grimmer because we continue on this downward spiral. I hope there isn’t a threequel but that seems unlikely.

Very funny.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I love Hugh Grant. More gallows humor.

Best line was about Jan 6 being like a muppet reenactment of the Vietnam War

--tg