Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trial of the Chicago Seven (Netflix 2020)
Be still my heart. Political fantasy with echoes for today. Young people step out to protest the government and get beat down for their trouble. They are arrested and put on trial. There are eight of them but one gets himself a mistrial.

When I heard that Aaron Sorkin was writing and directing, I knew I was in. It doesn't disappoint. It punches all my libtard buttons. It has a great cast led by Mark Rylance, Eddie Redmayne, Sasha Baron Cohen, Frank Langella, Joseph Gordon Levitt. No part is too small. It also has Batman!

It was really well put together. The story is told from multiple viewpoints. It intercuts actual historic footage. It's quite unsettling, convincing when the newsreel footage matches the newly shot scenes and they are in the same spot.

Sacha Baron Cohen steals most of his scenes as Hoffman. Rylance is there because the project was originally going to be done by Spielberg by he told Sorkin to do it.

It's good.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Agreed on all points. Surprisingly good serious performance from Cohen and Redmayne is such a chameleon. Good to see Langella again. A well crafted film with an excellent cast.

We watched it as a family. Tara got rather emotional thinking how little things have changed for her gen. Stacy loves historical and courtroom dramas and is a fan of many of the cast members. I got pissed off thinking about the contrast between this event and Jan 6. 

No sword fights. DOOM recommended.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse