Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Octopus Teacher
On Netflix. Nice doc about a guys relationship with an octopus. Great footage. Tentacles!

Doom recommended

—tg

Octacular! This has been in my queue - http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...8#pid41148

Good to know it’s worth the view. I’ll bump it up since you give it the ref.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
What a beautiful film. Fascinating on so many levels and heartfelt through and through. With nature shows, I'm always wondering how they got so many of those shots. Some are so perfectly staged. I can't even get the three dogs in the yard to pose together nicely for a gram pic. tg was right - this is totally tentagasmic. I enjoyed it thoroughly. 

No sword fights but some good sea creature battles. I second tg's DOOM rec.
LCF and I just finished watching it.  Yes, very highly recommended.
I'm nobody's pony.
Nothing beats good tentacle action. This doc is super tentacular.
Yeah...... Some bombs from the cheap seats. So much earnest discussion. So treacly. So much anthropomorphism. Ugh. Please stop talking.

Granted, beautiful footage. I did spend a lot of time thinking how he got the shots. They were fabulous.

But the guy at the center of it was driving me crazy. He talked like he had gone to the mountain and met this great guru who taught him life lessons. The Octopus was just leading it's life. Any lessons he read into it was entirely in his own mind.

Where was this guy's wife for the year he spent in the lagoon? "Hey Honey, I'm spending another day chasing this octopus instead of getting a job" I was thinking that she had left him at some point. At least the son popped up at the end.

I think tQ enjoyed it in spite of my kvetching at the TV. But oh the self-indulgent naval gazing. His, not mine. I saved my naval gazing for the book.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(10-19-2020, 03:09 PM)Greg Wrote: Where was this guy's wife for the year he spent in the lagoon?  "Hey Honey, I'm spending another day chasing dead fencing masters instead of getting a job" 

At least you got an award. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=17287868]
I would trade my award for a big Netflix payout.

(10-19-2020, 03:46 PM)Greg Wrote: I would trade my award for a big Netflix payout.

Would you settle for a triathlete blista poppin fork?

How about a poop knife? 

[Image: 18f50eed710fbafc-.gif]
Hard pass.

Watched this again with Stacy. Been telling her to watch it since it came out, but now that it won an Oscar, she watched it. She enjoyed it. I enjoyed it for the second time but noticed more of the editing tricks, stuff like how that two shots that probably weren't connected were stitched together to make the story flow. 

Nevertheless it still held up. You know what a sucker I am for tentacle flicks.
Those tentacle flicks can really grab you!