Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Old Guard
DM's life partner is coming to Netflix. Time to start obsessing.

[Image: f5qpsavah5qrgkhgcnpd.jpg]
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I saw that promo...

SWORDS! And Charlize. All in.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Trailer drops tomorrow.

cool. i searched for one but only found fan-made teasers.
Search no more.

luv it. all in. 

[Image: source.gif]
Well that was a bit of alright. Based on a comic that I never read, Charlize leads a crew of immortal do-gooders. There's an evil pharma lab trying to catch them and use their dna to make bazillions. There's also a nooB immortal who needs to learn the ropes of immortality. Mostly, there's Charlize, who looks smokin hot as ever and delivers the best action sequences of the lot (no stunt double credited for her but all the others had one). Sure, we've seen the immortal warrior tale replayed since Highlander. Oh what a bummer it is to live for centuries and watch your lovers, family and friends die while you do not, wah, wah, wah. This takes the cliche a few fresh places, although not mind blowingly so. The choreo is okay. Lots of gunplay and swordplay combos. Charlize is into axes and pulls off the most complex moves, although this is nowhere near Atomic. Sanguineous. Amusing. Nice production. A creation tale of sorts as it's primed for a sequel with the final scene.

Echo of Maleficent 2 because of Chiwetel http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...4#pid39524

Yes to sword fights, although not sword vs. sword, mostly sword vs. gun (it kinda works). DOOM worthy except for those who had to give up gratuitous violence due to high blood pressure or those who need a lot of plot due to erectile dysfunction.
I pronounce it to be both Good and Worthy
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I'm forty minutes in.......

YOu would think the Old Guard would learn to shut up once in awhile after the centuries they've been alive. But no. So much talking. And for a group of life long soldiers, they sure do captured a lot. And what is up with the round sword axe. It looks like it is begging to break every time you swing it.

And boy does Charlize Theron like to do fight scenes. Although I think she did better work in Atomic Blonde, the bashing was much more original in that. It probably didn't help the Atomic Blonde is currently on cable and I caught a bunch of those fights.

It didn't help that I guessed the traitor and waited for him to be outed.

Lots of walking. Lots of sitting in various modes of transport. Lots of chatting in the hideouts.

Harry Potter factor of 1 with Dudley Dursey (Kudos to tQ)

Gee, do you think they want to do a sequel?

Oh snap! I knew I knew Dudley. Those eyes. I just didn't bother to look that up. He's lost weight. And he'll probably always play villains, if anything at all. 10 points for Lynchenclaw!

Also worthy of note was Veronica Ngo (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=5551). 

Wow, two missed stars. Did I even see this film? Maybe I need to watch it again. 

[Image: ebc95c44e06c2f554d43bf02b70ad07c.gif]
G-Man is allergic to fun.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
[Image: S5Q0.gif]
I am team fun. Full on fun. For instance today, I'm thinking of taping up the drywall and filling the screw holes. What could be more fun that that?

Hey, DM! How many times did you enter?