Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting books now without giving money to Amazon
Of course I won't buy books from Amazon, ever since Bezos said he wanted to drive all other bookstores out of business. Once I found out that Amazon bought ABE, I avoid them as well and usually limit myself to what I can find locally. Getting to the point, if you need a used book source (they keep new popular titles as well), Recycle Books in San Jose is doing email orders (recyclebookstore@gmail.com), with free pick-up or flat $4.50 shipping.
the hands that guide me are invisible
I so feel ya on this. We've known about Amazon's plot for decades - since the initial great purge of indie bookstores by the superstores (which we knew was going to fail given the smaller margin with book wholesale to retail).  We just let go of Amazon Prime.  We still have some credit there.  I tried to spend some of it on some filter masks but all of them won't be delivered until late May.

That being said, I have shelves of books begging to be revisited along with many titles that I've yet to read or have left half read, plus Stacy has a deep collection of classics that I could take on at any point.  I don't need more books.  Not that I'd reject more books, but I have plenty of books to read, if so inclined.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
My fave-rave bookstore Borderlands Books also delivers
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Glad to see that Borderlands is still going!
the hands that guide me are invisible