Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roots Rock Reggae Festival @ Sonoma Fairgrounds 8/12/6
For me, this was debriefing for Reggae on the River. The same closing line-up Steven Marley, Ziggy Marley and Bunny Wailer, with Ozomatli opening along with some other bands. The Rock Med crew were mostly Reggae on the River survivors and we danced and skanked and shook off all the madness that was RotR this year. Very sweet. Bunny still has it. The man can still bust awesome dancesteps and he's got to be well into his 60s. Steven recalls his Dad's songbook and you just can't go wrong with that. Ziggy has some of his own tunes and they are delightful. It remind I of the days of Jericho. It remind I of why I love Reggae, and why I bust my ass to keep the scene going sometimes. It was my reggae redemption for August.

Had one funny call with some one who we sent to the hospital from outside the venue. He was holding a sign for some new housing track - a temp worker. We decided to take the sign to its owners and kept getting directed across barren fields, open lots, and construction sites. Finally we got there (after a 2 mile hike away from the venue) and the real estate people were very grateful. They gave us these nice chilled bottled waters with the new homes on the labels and a ride back to the venue in a convertable BMW.

Still humming Reggae riddems. Jah bless.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
...in our donations can were two things of interest. First was a tiny roach. We were very disappointed that it wasn't a fresh new joint. A roach? Come on. Also donated was a Traci Lords DVD (along with a few other random DVDs). Ahhh, root, rock, reggae....
Shadow boxing the apocalypse