Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek!
Speaking of nerd theories, I also think Star Trek Orion slave women evolved tentacle dreadlocks and became Star Wars Twi'lek slave women.  

Case & point
[Image: 72e651d55cbe04df2dbf622d6333941e.gif]

[Image: tumblr_o9t8lybDaD1rccp3wo2_540.gif]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(03-16-2019, 07:29 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Did have a sword fight tho.

I always thought that Trelaine should’ve been the same species as Q. They were both jerks. All powerful jerks.

Agreed. I wonder if there was a connection.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Happy Picard Day!

Engage
Quote:
Quote: Paramount Setting Noah Hawley To Write & Direct ‘Star Trek’ Film
By Mike Fleming Jr

November 19, 2019 3:13pm

29COMMENTS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Print
  • [email=?subject=Deadline%20:%20Paramount%20Setting%20Noah%20Hawley%20To%20Write%20&%20Direct%20%E2%80%98Star%20Trek%E2%80%99%C2%A0Film&body=https://deadline.com/2019/11/star-trek-noah-hawley-directing-writing-sequel-jj-abrams-chris-pine-paramount-1202785280/%20-%20Paramount%20Setting%20Noah%20Hawley%20To%20Write%20&%20Direct%20%E2%80%98Star%20Trek%E2%80%99%C2%A0Film]Email[/email]
  • Show more sharing options

[Image: noah-hawley-star-trek-.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1]
Courtesy; Shutterstock
EXCLUSIVEParamount Pictures is in final talks with Noah Hawley to write and direct a Star Trek film. Through his 26 Keys production banner he will produce along with JJ Abrams and his Bad Robot banner. I don’t have too much more to report on the film, but my understanding is Hawley will helm the fourth film in this iteration of the venerable franchise, with the Enterprise crew led by Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg and Karl Urban.
In addition to his groundbreaking series Legion, Hawley serves as executive producer, writer, director and showrunner on FX’s Emmy-winning limited series Fargo. He currently is in production on the fourth season, which stars Chris Rock, with Hawley directing the first episodes. Both series are produced under Hawley’s 26 Keys.

RELATED STORY
[/url]
'Blade Runner' & 'Star Trek' Costume Designer Michael Kaplan Set For CDGA Career Honor
[url=https://deadline.com/2019/10/costume-designer-michael-kaplan-blade-runner-star-trek-to-get-cdga-career-achievement-honor-1202768520/]

Hawley made his feature film directorial debut on Lucy in the Sky, which premiered at Toronto before Fox Searchlight released in the fall. The film stars Natalie Portman, Jon Hamm, Dan Stevens, Zazie Beetz, Pearl Amanda Dickson, Tig Notaro and Ellen Burstyn and chronicles the emotional post-mission deterioration of an astronaut (Portman).
Hawley also has written Fargo: This Is a True Story, a companion book to the first three seasons of the series, published by Grand Central Publishing last month. Also a bestselling author, Hawley has published five novels: A Conspiracy of Tall Men, Other People’s Weddings, The Punch, The Good Father and most recently the bestseller Before the Fall.
Hawley began his TV career on Bones and then created, exec produced and was showrunner for ABC’s My Generation and The Unusuals. He seems to be in a similar place to where Abrams was when he directed his first Mission: Impossible film and then moved to Star Trek and Star Wars pics.
Paramount’s most recent Star Trek entry was Star Trek Beyond, the 2016 film that was directed by Fast & Furious 6 director Justin Lin.
The studio separately is working on a Star Trek spinoff that Quentin Tarantino is eyeing to direct and has been working on with Abrams. This one would likely carry an R rating, with a screenplay by The Revenant scribe Mark L. Smith.

Yay?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

most illogical

[Image: EPE6t6aX4AEFUnX?format=jpg&name=small]
Quote:Star Trek: Lower Decks Sets Release Date
The show will "rarely go" beginning August 6.
BY 
STARTREK.COM STAFF
[b] [/b]
/

JULY 1, 2020 12:45 PM EDT

[Image: cc101_pr_still_17.jpg]

StarTrek.com

CBS All Access, CBS’ digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, today announced its new half-hour animated comedy series Star Trek: Lower Decks will premiere on Thursday, August 6. Following the premiere, new episodes of the series’ 10-episode first season will be available to stream weekly on Thursdays, exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in the U.S. The series’ teaser art was also revealed.

[Image: star_trek_lower_decks_teaser_art_final.jpg]
StarTrek.com

Developed by Emmy Award winner Mike McMahan (Rick and MortySolar Opposites), Star Trek: Lower Decks focuses on the support crew serving on one of Starfleet’s least important ships, the U.S.S. Cerritos, in 2380. Ensigns Mariner, Boimler, Rutherford and Tendi have to keep up with their duties and their social lives, often while the ship is being rocked by a multitude of sci-fi anomalies. The Starfleet crew residing in the “lower decks” of the U.S.S. Cerritos, includes Ensign Beckett Mariner, voiced by Tawny Newsome, Ensign Brad Boimler, voiced by Jack Quaid, Ensign Tendi, voiced by Noël Wells and Ensign Rutherford, voiced by Eugene Cordero. The Starfleet characters that comprise the ship’s bridge crew include Captain Carol Freeman, voiced by Dawnn Lewis, Commander Jack Ransom, voiced by Jerry O’Connell, Lieutenant Shaxs, voiced by Fred Tatasciore and Doctor T’Ana, voiced by Gillian Vigman.

The series is produced by CBS’ Eye Animation Productions, CBS Television Studios’ new animation arm; Secret Hideout; and Roddenberry Entertainment. Secret Hideout’s Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin and Roddenberry Entertainment’s Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth, and Katie Krentz (219 Productions) serve as executive producers alongside creator and showrunner Mike McMahan. Aaron Baiers (Secret
Hideout), who brought McMahan to the project, serves as a co-executive producer. Titmouse (Big Mouth), the Emmy Award-winning independent animation production company, serves as the animation studio for the series. Star Trek: Lower Decks will air exclusively on CBS All Access in the United States and is distributed worldwide by ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group.

Star Trek: Lower Decks is the first animated series to join the expanding Star Trek franchise on CBS All Access, which includes hit original series Star Trek: PicardStar Trek: Discovery, returning with season three later this year; the recently announced U.S.S. Enterprise set series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, featuring Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck; and the development of a Section 31-based series with Michelle Yeoh. A CG-animated Star Trek series aimed at younger audiences is also in the works for Nickelodeon.

The Star Trek: Lower Decks Cast on Joining the Star Trek family

Star Trek: Lower Decks will stream exclusively on CBS All Access in the United States and in Canada on Bell Media’s CTV Sci-Fi Channel and OTT service Crave
Want to see it. Still not getting CBS streaming service.

we had cbs access for a while for picard and good fight, but it expired just before the new twlight zone season premiered. not that i care for that show but i did want to see the morena baccarin episode. i doubt we'll refresh it, even for st: disco. dm will have to resort to ninja ways to watch it.
I think you mean pirate.

I'd still like to see Seth Green's similar Lower Decks treatment of Star Wars. Supposedly they had about thirty episodes of Detours in the can when the plug was pulled.

Still not getting CBS All Access.

Oh, got me on that one. Innerestin.

Well, we'll always have Robot Chicken.

And I'll always go Ninja over Pirate. I actually trained in Ninjitsu for realz. Srsly. I've neer traind in Piratsu.
piratsu is not a difficult path. Did you ever drink rum? Stab someone with a sword? Annoy a parrot? Go swimming? Congratulations! You are now a Pirate!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Did you ever drink rum? 
After blowing a blood vessel in my eye from dry heaves after a NYE party, I went to the Bahamas to relearn how to drink rum.

Stab someone with a sword? 
srsly?

Annoy a parrot? 
Well, no. I don't like birds. This is where I fail at piratsu...

Go swimming? 
I don't care for swimming but I have swam. Does that rate?