Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek!
I fail. I haven't seen the show in decades. Trouble with Tribble's sticks out. Mudd's women. The original pilot with Christopher Pike.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

That's fair. 

Tribbles were revisited in both the animated series & DS9.

Both Pike & Mudd have been revisited in DISCO.

Regarding mine, Mirror, Mirror has been a thread throughout several of the series and has come to the forefront on DISCO (as I mentioned there).  Amok Time has been touched upon in the other series with major vulcans (V & E).  They haven't done anything with Day of the Dove. They really should.  Because.....swordfights!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Wow. Tough to narrow it down. Devil in the Dark and Day of the Dove, of course, but Space Seed, Let That Be Your Last Battlefield and... for pure goofiness, A Piece of the Action. (“They can’t do nuttin’ ‘til they stop sparklin’.”)
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Hmmm.  I never watched the original religiously, but probably ended up seeing most, or parts of most, episodes.

I asked LCF about her favorites.  She says the tribbles is up there.  Also, the flying unwrapped cornucopia of death.

I think for me my favorite is the one where Kirk takes his shirt off.
I'm nobody's pony.
Mirror Mirror, Devil in the Dark (scared the beejeesuss outta me) A Private Little War.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Two for Devil in the Dark.  Yeah, that was a cool one for sure.  The one that scared me as a kid was The Man Trap.  I remember as a kid I jumped up to turn off the TV when the salt vampire appeared.   It was some time before that episode came around again and I finally saw how it ended.

Coincidentally, Doomsday Machine was on Heroes & Icons last night (cornucopia of death).  I only watched the first part of it.  That episode benefited tremendously from the new CGI spaceship effects.  

Last Battlefield was such a translucent metaphor, but still so awesome because of the Riddler.  

Tribbles are a given - there's this BTS story that DeForest Kelley was an expert at covertly inserting objects in female castmate's cleavage, and that in the middle of a scene, Nichelle Nichols burst out laughing and pulled a tribble that Kelley had left for her. You can see a tribble in her cleavage in the episode. Lucky tribble.  

Space Seed didn't work for me until Wrath of Khan. I didn't get the Sikh reference until recently, which was tremendous foresight of the original series, and totally blown in Into Darkness.  That Kelvin timeline - such a bitch if it wasn't for Simon Pegg. 

I gotta give an honorable mention to The Naked Time because of the Sulu fencing scene.  That scene had a profound effect on my life, come to think of it.
Upon reflection, here are some of what stands out in my memory.

City on the Edge of Forever: I generally hated the episodes that went into the past, but this one did appeal to me.  I had a thing for Joan Collins back in the day, and there was deeper emotion in this one than a lot of others.  Granted, I'm not a fan of Harlan Ellison, who co-wrote (tri-wrote) the script and has bitched about how Roddeneffinberry butchered it ever since (though he's fallen strangely silent on the matter of late), but I'll grant that this episode was good.

The Cage: Just for the green girl.  I don't even remember what it was about.

Assignment: Earth -- I always liked Robert Lansing, and he was very effective, and likable, as Gary Seven, accentuated by the cat.

Oh, the faceless woman also sticks in my mind.

These are not necessarily my favorites, as I'd have to watch all the episodes again to be fair.  But they stand out in my memory.

Oh, and a crazed Sulu fencing.  Just a visually striking scene, though I don't recall the greater context.
I'm nobody's pony.
The Cage was retooled as the original pilot that Greg mentioned.  That was brilliant retooling in retrospect.  And I'd say that Marta in Whom Gods Destroy was more captivating as green Orion girls go.  After all...BATGIRL!!!

I submit my case:
Vena (Orion)
[Image: 566dc490817311e144c7bdb90e3fc994.jpg]

Marta
[Image: 1b6df5f1186341c68b7522ee4c1837ca.jpg]

This could be a DOOM poll on its own - Best Star Trek Orion gal.  

I come and go with City.  Never liked Joan and it felt a bit overrated.  But the Guardian of Forever was wonderfully surreal and DISCO should go there.  I think it only reoccurs in the animated series, right? 

Gary Seven - the spin-off attempt.  It was all about the cat.  It's always all about the cat.  Feckin cats. 

[Image: a8d782707221e77709430809a4d6f5ad.jpg]
You mean there's more than one green girl?  Confound it!

I meant Marta in Whom Gods Destroy.  Not Vena in The Cage.

I blame the mistake on Evil CF, from episode.... whatever.
I'm nobody's pony.
(03-15-2019, 12:49 PM)cranefly Wrote: I blame the mistake on Evil CF, from episode.... whatever.

MIRROR, MIRROR! FTW.

There were plenty of Orions.  Best ST race ever.  Better than Horta and Tribbles combined.

Orionians (sp?) appear in the animated series, in Enterprise and in the Kelvin timeline.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Enterprise "Bound"

[Image: latest?cb=20121220011029&path-prefix=en]

Kelvin timeline "Into Darkness"

Hey, check this out:

Thank you all for indulging my trekkie nerd-dom here.
Marta. Gary Seven’s Cat-Grrl makes the top 5.

1: Marta
2: Marta
3: Julie Newmar
4: Marta
5: Isis the Cat
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
So I just watched ST: TAS: Pirates of Orion & ST:E: Bound again.  Honestly those were so long ago I didn't remember them at all.  

PoO had no females but it set up Orion Syndicate piracy for B.  ST: TAS needs to be redone in CGI, just like the special effects in ST: TOS. ST: TAS is still pretty tight - some of the plots were actually planned for the last season of ST: TOS before it got cancelled. It has all the original voice actors except for Chekov and it would be super easy to CGI - the graphics all exist already for the videogames.

B is the deepest delve into Orion culture and it's a pretty amusing ep. I'm now hoping Orion females appear in DISCO soon.
No Squire of Gothos?
Trelaine was a jerk.
Did have a sword fight tho.

I always thought that Trelaine should’ve been the same species as Q. They were both jerks. All powerful jerks.