Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm so excited I wished I cared.

Long Live The Expanse!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Quote:Star Trek's New Animated Series Is Called "Lower Deck"
...and it's already green lit for two full seasons.

[Image: e9b7a87b-359a-4fff-859b-ab9cf5e31c5b_151...esize=80:*]
By Darren Orf
Oct 25, 2018

[Image: star-trek-the-animated-series-cbs-154049...size=480:*]CBS
[/url]
Star Trek never really goes away, but it's having a renaissance at the moment unlike any in the history of the franchise. It's a new golden age, and it's fun as heck—for Trekkies and regular humans alike.
CBS has been releasing new Trek every month in the form of the excellent Short Treks. Then there's Star Trek: Discovery, currently [url=https://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/tv/a22866570/star-trek-discovery-season-2/]ramping up for its second season
, and we're learning more every day about the upcoming Picard series. Next up in this wonderful embarrassment of Trekness: a funny cartoon.

Star Trek: Lower Deck is the name of Alex Kurtzman's long-rumored Star Trekanimated series. The show is designed to be a half-hour comedy, written by Rick and Morty alum Mike McMahan, which will focus on a starship's lesser-known characters, mainly the support crew who work in—you guessed it—the lower decks.
Lower Deck will also be Star Trek's return to animation after the short-lived Star Trek: The Animated Series, which ran from 1973-1974 (pictured above), and will be a straight-to-series order with two seasons already greenlit. Although we don't know when the show will premiere or how many episodes will fill each season, the show will sit along side Discovery and the untitled Picard show on CBS All Access.
"Mike won our hearts with his first sentence: I want to do a show about the people who put the yellow cartridge in the food replicator so a banana can come out the other end," said executive producer Alex Kurtzman in a press release. "His cat's name is Riker. His son's name is Sagan. The man is committed."
In addition to these impressive Trek credentials, McMahan started a Twitter account in 2011 posting his own season-eight fanfic for The Next Generation (he even went on to write a book about it). Interestingly, season seven of TNG has an episode titled "Lower Decks," which focuses on the junior officers onboard the Starship Enterprise (and an episode of Voyagerdoes the same).
"It's undeniably 'Trek,'" McMahan says about Lower Deck. "I promise not to add an episode at the very end that reveals the whole thing took place in a training program."
Although there is no word yet on when within the Trek timeline the show will take place, McMahan's apparent obsession with The Next Generation would seem like a good place to start.
Source: CBS

I got so excited that I watched both TNG Lower Deck (good episode) & VGER Good Shepherd (meh).  I always felt the animated series was underrated.  They used some of the scripts that they were planned to use if ST: TOS hadn't been cancelled.

I know, I know, I'm the only surviving trekker here.  Y'all are always marginalizing me.   Undecided
Well if it's only on CBS All Access, you are right. But then again, I ride with El Rey.

Quote:Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti Wears 'Star Trek' Uniform in Space (Photo)
By Calla Cofield, Space.com Senior Writer April 21, 2015 11:22am ET

[img=280x0]https://img.purch.com/w/660/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA0Ny8wNjkvb3JpZ2luYWwvY3Jpc3RvZm9yZXR0aS1zdGFyLXRyZWstdm95YWdlci11bmlmb3JtLWlzcy5qcGc=[/img]

European astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti tweeted a photo of herself in a Star Trek: Voyager uniform. 
Credit: @astrosamantha/Twitter
Star Trek fandom has gone orbital: European astronaut and Trekkie Samantha Cristoforetti, who is currently aboard the International Space Station, tweeted a photo of herself in a uniform from the one of "Star Trek" TV series.
"'There's coffee in that nebula' ... ehm, I mean... in that #Dragon," Cristoforetti wrote in a Twitter post last Friday, as she looked out the window of the orbiting outpost at the Dragon space capsule that arrived carrying 4,300 lbs. (1,950 kilograms) of food, scientific experiments and other supplies.
Advertisement

In the photo, Cristoforetti appears to be wearing a uniform similiar to those worn by actors on "Star Trek: Voyager," the fourth live-action TV series in the venerable science ficition franchise. 
The quote, "There's coffee in that nebula," comes from the early episode "The Cloud" and was uttered by Kathryn Janeway, captain of the USS Voyager, who was well known for her love of coffee: black. 
Cristoforetti's choice of words has a second meaning, because the Dragon spacecraft, built and operated by SpaceX, delivered a load of cargo to the space station that included the first-ever space espresso machine. Prior to the coffee machine's arrival, the only java option aboard the orbiting laboratory was powdered instant coffee.
Advertisement

Cristoforetti has expressed her Star Trek fandom before — she tweeted a photo of herself giving the Vulcan salute shortly after Leonard Nimoy passed away on Feb. 6. Nimoy was best known for portraying Spock on the original "Star Trek" TV series and many subsequent movies.
Accompanying that photo Cristoforetti wrote, "'Of all the souls I have encountered.. his was the most human,'" quoting a line from the movie "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan," that referenced Spock. "Thx @TheRealNimoy for bringing Spock to life for us."
Follow Calla Cofield @callacofield. Follow us@Spacedotcom, Facebook and Google+. Original article on Space.com.
Oh please

Make it so

Quote:Yeoh (right) on 'Star Trek: Discovery' (Courtesy of CBS)
Michelle Yeoh May Captain Next 'Star Trek' Spinoff for CBS All Access
The 'Crazy Rich Asians' star is in negotiations to see her 'Discovery' character spun-off into a new series as the franchise continues to grow.
CBS All Access' plans to grow its Star Trek franchise continue to come into focus.
Crazy Rich Asians star Michelle Yeoh is in negotiations with producers CBS Television Studios to see her Star Trek: Discovery character be spun-off into a series of her own for the subscription video on demand service.

Representatives for CBS All Access and CBS TV Studios declined comment.

Yeoh was the first actress cast in Star Trek: Discovery, the first new series in the franchise in years. The actress, who recurred in season one of Discovery, will return in season two as the new spinoff series would likely follow her adventures in Starfleet's Section 31 division.
Should a deal with Yeoh come through, that series would become the fifth overall in CBS All Access' Star Trek franchise, joining Discovery, the Patrick Stewart-led Picard drama, animated comedy and shortform entry Short Treks. Other series in the franchise are being planned under Alex Kurtzman who oversees all things Trek for producers CBS TV Studios.
CBS All Access recently handed out a two-season, straight-to-series animated comedy Star Trek: Lower Decks, from Mike McMahan (Rick and Morty) and Kurtzman.
Read more: 'Star Trek' Animated Comedy a Go With 2-Season Order at CBS All Access
I've been watching way too much Star Trek.  It's on BBC & Heroes & Icons, two networks that I've become addicted to on my mom's xfinity.  H&I plays various Treks all evening - TOS>TNG>DS9>V>E.  Of course, I have access to all of it via both Netflix & Amazon Prime, but there's something delightful about the randomness of broadcast TV.

Tonight, TOS takes off with one of my top three eps - 'Mirror, Mirror'.  If I were to pick, #1 'Day of the Dove' #2 'Amok Time' #3 'Mirror, Mirror'.
That’s a strong Top 3
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(03-12-2019, 10:50 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: That’s a strong Top 3

Right?

I showed you mine.  Let's see yours.

What are your top 3 ST:TOS episode picks?
Every time I show you mine, you scream “KNICKERS!!!!!” and sprint from the room.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Can you blame me? Can anyone here blame me?
We blame you for many things. But not for this.

you lived with him too.  

you know. 

the horrors.

THE HORRORS.
It's why I drink.

romulan ale all around!!!

srsly, what are your fav st:tos eps?  it's my new nerd rorschach test.