Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Santos sextet at Bing 2/9/19
A night of Afro-Cuban jazz at the magnificent Bing Concert hall.  Big band - 15 musicians (6 drummers!) and 3 dancers.  Great fun.  Latin jazz is so cool, yet so caliente.  Orestes Vilato was amazing and stole every moment he was on - so jubilant and so on point whenever he cut in with his percussive attacks.  Bobi Cespedes, the only performer I knew from her former work with Mickey Hart, was so regal and surprisingly didn't touch a drum.  

Been really digging jazz lately.  I think I'm finally at a point where I can understand the fundamentals of jazz vocabulary.  And it's amazing.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Dig it, baby, and leave Squaresville behind.

Jazz has something for everyone. Latin Jazz is big and full of life.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Right? I was cravin a Havana cigar and a fedora. And I don’t even smoke cigars or wear fedoras.
Why not?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Cigars are way too much tobacco for me. Gives me a headache. 

I don’t know about fedoras? I’d probably look like a chinese gangster. I mean, even more so than usual. I’ve been thinking I should change up my hat game tho. You think I should look into a fedora?
Definitely a fedora. Angular faces can wear fedoras. Egg-shaped noggins like mine can wear longshoreman knit-caps.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I dunno man. I think a fedora would be too pretentious looking for me ... that’s sayin a lot, I know.

Egg-shaped heads can rock skippers’ hats too. And sombreros.
sombrero...hmmm...

I’d have to wear a serape, too.
It’s all about the accessories. 

Just no badges. You don’t need no stinkin badges.
crossed bandolieres would be a good look on me. Not on you, though — too angular.