Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Kinda rocks now
The best new show of the season is Life on Wednesdays on NBC. Great lead roll, mediocre mysteries but well told.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
... but Shrek the Halls was hilarious. Shrek the Halls is my new fav Xmas classic, and this is after just one viewing. And it was a perfect double bill being followed by the digitally remastered 40-anniversary Grinch which looked shining on HDTV (Chuck Jones remains the grandmaster of cartoons).
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The Heroes season finale left a lot of questions:
How many episodes did we lose to the writer's strike?
If the strike is resolved, will they give us the rest?
Does anyone believe when a character dies in Heroes anymore?
If I work on creating the new Hero online, will I be a scab for the writer's strike?

Nope. The Heroes finale was totally blown out by Shrek the Halls for the 2007xmas season. But the Victoria Secret show is tonight, so we refrain from final judgment.

P.S. watched a little of Life last night. I was some zen center murder and I didn't get into it. I wound up surfing away to some pbs doc on killer whales and the telenovelas.
Coming in at the second to the last Life episode doesn't really help. It's usually not about the murders so much as it is about Charlie. And the writers made him very wierd last night in a stupid way.

Heroes is doomed. They've already shelved their Origins idea because of the strike and because the numbers are tanking. I read an article by Producer Tim Kring where he admitted they kind of screwed up the series this year. He pointed out all the plots points he didn't like, it the dopey Claire Boyfriend the kids from south america.

This episode was tweaked as well to wrap up the season. They knew the strike was coming so they decided to wrap up this volume at the eleventh episode, which might be the last episode for this season. You have to figure six to eight weeks for them to gear up for the next episode. The way the writers and the producers are talking, they don't appear close.
Hayden was there.
[Image: hayden-panettiere_victorias-secret3.jpg]
I guess she got a break from Japan.

Actually wound up watching the Bob Marley Live at the Rainbow and Dylan special on HD PBS. The original Zatoichi was also on HD at the same time, so I was flicking back and forth during pledge breaks/commercials. None of these were actually HD footage of course, given that it was all vintage film, and it showed, but nevertheless HDTV kinda rocks now.
It's kind Tim Burton weird and tries really hard, but it's sweet and funny and odd. The guy who plays Emerson is great... We're 8 episodes in. If you've missed it, torrent it from the beginning. The narration remnds me of Hitchhiker's Guide...

--tg
There was Barry Levinson, the creator of Pushing Daisies. With an assist from the guy who made Dead Like Me for showtime. Okay maybe it works the other way. But it does have Levinson's stamp all over it. I though he was going to direct all the episodes but alas he only did the first two.

I like the show but on some episodes it could be titled Kristen Chenowith's cleavage. Not that that's a bad thing. It's quirky and charming. I don't know if they can sustain it. They could also shave off some of the opening. We get the fact Ned can touch dead people and make them live again.
I been googling "Kristen Chenoweth's cleavage" and keep getting stuff like this:

http://www.amsalesinc.com/images/Jackson...roduvt.jpg

I really need to start watching this show.

--cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.
You need to get on board. Especially now they are on strike and not making any more episodes for the forseeable future.

[Image: 0000043614_20071003111354.jpg]
Tonight at 8. Don't miss it.
We'll be there. Now that TV has died.
Funny. It's almost like the Shrek folks care again. Or the last hurrah before Shrek 4 and Shrek 5. I did think the show could do with a little more Justin.
Funny. Enjoyed it. Might be the director; Gary Troudsdale also directed the Madagascar Penguins short, not to mention Beauty & the Beast, so he knows what he's doing.
The Gingerbread Man's perspective was the best part.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
But truth be told, it didn't hold up for a 2nd viewing very well.