Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom (2019 Netflix)
I'm checking but I can't seem to find any mentions of this one.

It's a South Korean period piece zombie picture. Basically, the king hasn't been seen for the last ten days. The fear is that he is dead, but his young wife assures everyone especially the Crown Prince that he is alive.

The Crown Prince doesn't believe it. If the King is dead, then the Crown Prince is King. If the young wife of the king gives birth, then the Crown Prince will be killed. Threats of treason and a secret police rooting out the rebels take up a lot of time.

Pretty standard palace intrigue stuff until you get to the part where maybe the king is actually a zombie/vampire.

I've seen 1 episode (As a matter of fact, The Queen is out of town) and will be going back for more. The first episode was really well made. Lots of production value. Good acting. I can watch it with subtitles instead of horrible dubbing.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Well, I finished all six episodes. I enjoyed. I did like the palace intrigue coupled with the zombie problem. The Crown Prince's journey to finding out what made a good ruler was a tad trite. There was some great comic relief among the venal ruling class.

My big complaint is that it ended on a massive cliff hanger.

Time to go back to Kingdom. A release date would have been nice.