Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weather
Jesus Christ on a crutch. Al Gore wins. There are puddles of sweat under my arm as I type this. The AC is in the other room. There is no AC on the soundstage. Thank god I did not work Saturday when it was 116 in the valley. Crap.

But I'm losing weight by the second. I could paddle in the sweat I've sweated. Somebody make it stop.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
You have AC? You baby. Come on up here to the land of 'oh we don't need central air' and 'you'd only use it once a year' and other BS crap. Sheesh. My wrists are sweating from being in contact with the laptop. It was 102 here yesterday and 107 the day before. A paltry 98 today. I can hear insects commiting suicide in the bug zapper, too far gone in misery to care about living anymore. Do they make those for humans?

Sorry, I have to go to bed now. Upstairs. Where it's hotter.
Trust me, the only reason there's AC in the one room is because of me. I'm most definitely the wuss who can't handle it when it's hotter in the house than it is outside.

Look at the bright side -- there's only 7.5 more weeks of summer to survive. And I guarantee you that because I have to fly to New York a week from tomorrow, temperatures in So Cal will drop back to normal and the extreme heat will follow me to NYC.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
The folks in Saratoga didn't think highly of the old AC, so I was brought warm, ready to suffer. I was back there and somebody had broken down and actually bought a fan. It never made it to the folks room. In the winter, they set the thermostat for summer temps inside. I guess the aclimitazition has paid off for them and they don't want to screw it up. Viva PG&E

A month ago I called to have central AC put in because I'm tired of the turbine rich sound of the current AC in the window. They said it would take a month before they would get to me. I passed. How much hotter could it get? Yes, Loser.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
It's my tropical blood and all. I love the heat. Just think of it as prep for an eternity in hell. :twisted:
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
"Everyone talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it."
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Our graphic artist Patrick just had to cancel his trip to see his folks in Fort Lauderdale because of Matthew.  He sent me this link he's been monitoring.  

I'm placing it here because it's purty.

Global map of weather
Wow, that is seriously gorgeous.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
And I thought it was the  Icon_weed