Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Eugene

This song has been around for over a decade.  I just heard it for the first time while trying to wake up at Java Junction to a mediocre yet serviceable cappuccino.  It sent me spiralling down another tesseract.  Now I'm reaching for a jar of orange marmalade, hoping it's not empty, but if it is, I'm dropping it like it's hot because I don't care if it kills anyone below.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
We all remember your time in New York hanging out with Skinheads and Salsa dancing.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(09-14-2018, 10:25 AM)Greg Wrote: We all remember your time in New York hanging out with Skinheads and Salsa dancing.

I remember hanging out with skinheads in Shaolin and singing kareoke, but not salsa.  

It was a surreal cafe experience for sure.  I was looking around for hidden cameras.  It's been a trying week - haven't been sleeping well and had a major computer crash at work that is still unresolved.  I'm hoping it's a good omen, but it's probably another 'abandon hope' signpost.   Undecided
Things must be rough if your 'Good Omen' is a national song asking you why you are such a jerk.

(09-14-2018, 01:12 PM)Greg Wrote: Things must be rough if your 'Good Omen' is a national song asking you why you are such a jerk.

Fair point.

Does a major computer crash qualify as 'rough'?  It's my primary office PC.  It went down hard on Wednesday during a random automated self-diagnostic.   Crybaby
Only one solution: Head back to Florence.

The city. Not the hurricane.

if only...

but no.  it's SD for me tomorrow.  

i'm told that my hard drive is dead.  they will try to recover the files this weekend.  that came out of nowhere.  and if i lose those files, it's catastrophic.  

but there's not much i can do about that until next week.
Oy vey. I have a fan in my office that makes the sound of a hard drive crashing. It's very soothing.

yeah, usually our pcs start moaning before they die but this one came without warning. just spoke to our i.t. - he's shipping the drive off to a data recovery service and hoping for the best.
Dude, that sucks. Sorry.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
My hard drive is restored!  Man, I was sweating mortar shells over that.  We're talking like a decade and a half of critical documents.  

Right now, it's being stored in the cloud.  I'm assuming it'll be restored to my work PC and a proper back-up external drive will be added.  Until that happens, I'm not going to ask our IT the really nagging question 'Why the fuck was my data and my back-up data both stored on the same external hard drive?'   Angry
What the what? I wasn't going to ask whether you had a back-up or not. But that question after a crash sometimes just leads to weeping. But the fact they were both on the same hard drive seems to run counter to the logic of having a back-up.

We all know who was at fault now. He denies any memory of setting t up that way but all the evidence is clear. Fortunately our original IT guy is still on call and saved the day. SMH.