Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planet Earth II
Stunning footage. So good to hear Attenborough narrate again. It’s been a decade since the original series and longer since Blue Planet. I’m starting to think about revisiting all of those. In HD, it’s incredibly beautiful. Inspirational. Awesome. And refreshingly positive. Sure, it’s crazy violent, brutal nature and all, plus there’s the ever-present inevitability of climate change. But what they can do with drones and high res zoom is just deliciously visual, pure eye candy that is completely unmatched by cgi. I can’t stop watching this.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Done that.  Enjoyable.  Recommended.  

I think overall, PEI was stronger.  At least, it had more episodes.  I was expecting more from the final PEII ep 'CITIES' but that was a bit disappointing.  

Also Blue Planet which is just water environments and earlier is better than PE overall, just because it's more surreal.  If you only watch one ep of any of these BBC Attenborough-narrated Planet docs, it should be BP ep 2 THE DEEP.
(03-15-2018, 11:28 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: If you only watch one ep of any of these BBC Attenborough-narrated Planet docs, it should be BP ep 2 THE DEEP.
Last night, based on what you'd told me earlier, I added BP ep 2 THE DEEP to my watchlist on Netflix streaming.  Now just waiting for Her Ladyship to have some free time to watch it.
I'm nobody's pony.
I had a 'gotcha' moment just now, just like a deep sea angler fish with a glowing bait forehead appendage must have when a squid hits it.  I was thinking I should suggest something horrifically eye-raping next to see if cf would bite at that too.  Then I remembered who I was talking to.  As if I could even come up with anything that could violate cf's calloused retinas.  As if...

[Image: tumblr_mrkq70FwPw1rkzxuzo5_r1_540.gif]
(03-15-2018, 02:06 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I had a 'gotcha' moment just now, just like a deep sea angler fish with a glowing bait forehead appendage must have when a squid hits it.  I was thinking I should suggest something horrifically eye-raping next to see if cf would bite at that too.  Then I remembered who I was talking to.  As if I could even come up with anything that could violate cf's calloused retinas.  As if...
Last night the Lady and I experienced "The Deep" episode of Blue Planet.  Yes, wonderfully trippy.  I have to admit that anytime I decide to sketch a fish, it always turns out to be an anglerfish.  They are so don't-give-a-fuck cool.  I keep waiting for scientists to figure out how to add organs to humans.  I'll get some bulbous bioluminescent projection for my forehead in a second.

P.S. Still waiting for the eye-rape suggestion that will catch me unawares.
I'm nobody's pony.
Planet Earth: Africa
Attenborough’s latest. Most staggeringly panoramic footage, exquisite slow-mo and time lapse. Plants animals rivers deserts - rhino moon party in night cam, alpha male elephant duels and giraffe battles, lions hunting, merecat mind messing, zebra sex, rhino sex - so good. 

No eye rape here. Just the wonders of nature in Africa. In HD.

The cinematography is not as good in this one...

--tg