Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altered Carbon
Altered Carbon: Resleeved

Perhaps this is the anime Yeti mentioned above. I watched it on an impulse and rather enjoyed it. It had that Bladerunner vibe, but it was yakuza and ninja with a lot of tech and mech. Super sanguineous. Spectacular anime. Good sword fights. A sword hawty. So many of dm’s movie needs were met here. 

It seemed to stand alone quite well so I’m not sure if it’s tied to the series at all or is just a one off in the AC world. Maybe I should circle back for AC. I like the stack/sleeve concept, which I guess is central to the show, right?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(06-11-2023, 12:04 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Maybe I should circle back for AC. I like the stack/sleeve concept, which I guess is central to the show, right?

yeah, there's a lot of "who you are now" vs "who you were before". Also, IIRC (it's been awhile since I watched AC), the virtual sidekick and the sanctuary hotel make me think of Wick's Continental.

--tg
It’s a great device that like Doctor Who or Star Trek’s Trill symbiot that allows the swapping of actors in the same character.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse