Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altered Carbon
Supposedly, Netflix spent a ton of money on this. And it does look expensive. But the book upon which it is based was very dense and there is a lot to get through. Consequently, there are bunch of places in the pilot where the story grinds to a halt while they have to explain what the hell is going on.

Takashi Kovacs is decanted with his brain or stack put into a brand new body, 300 years after he was sent away forever to prison. There is a lot of detail about why he was put away and why he is so dangerous.

It does move slow. The visuals are straight out of the Blade Runner playbook There are few good fight scenes.

The Queen claimed boredom during the showing.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I claim “Awesome!” During the viewing. Enjoyed it.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I’m too stuck in the Electric Mirror Black Dreams to take on another show right now but I’ll have to check in on this because Wil Yun Lee is in it and he was formerly a great friend of TC. That was before my time there but those that knew him speak highly of him.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Season II is up. Will report soon.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
11 seasons!?  I'm out.  That's way too much to catch up on.
Did you finish season 1? I still have a few episodes to go.

doh!

see now what happens when i post at 4am without my glasses?  

Blush
DM: Yer Old. G-Man, yes I did. Enjoyed it.
(03-06-2020, 10:40 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: DM: Yer Old.

Yer older.  Tongue
(03-06-2020, 11:39 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 10:40 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: DM: Yer Old.

Yer older.  Tongue

Yeah!  So there!
I'm nobody's pony.
Glad to see our level of discourse on important issues hasn't degraded.

Hey now, I'm the last DOOMer to enter the 4eyes club, amirite?  I'm still adjusting.   Cool

My new Surface Pro's facial rec didn't recognize me with glasses on.  Made me very very sad.
Season III: Altered Cabron
111 seasons!?  I'm out.  That's way too much to catch up on.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10320089]
The show was good, but I’m easily entertained. I don’t like the ginned-up love interest or the deviations from the books, but the look/feel/acting is good, so I’ll just roll with this version.

There was also an anime movie that takes place between the two seasons that was very fun; really enjoyable fights.