Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeland
S7E1 - This show has gone so many extreme places with politics, espionage and conspiracy theories, but now it feels like it’s struggling to keep up the actual reality show that our government has become. They went with a female president last season and now they’re trying to twist her into a paranoid egomaniac bent on undermining the fbi. It’s a flailing attempt at commentary.

Ive watched pretty much every episode of this show. I thought I would quit it when Daniel & Morena left but that was a few seasons back already. It’s no where near what it was, I think I only watch it now out of loyalty.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
S7e2 is still floundering but it was good to see Carrie kick ass again.
Ah Carrie, we've missed you. S8 starts rough.  When last we saw Carrie, she was being tortured by the Russians.  The premiere ep of the final season scrambles to put Carrie back together and get her on her feet again but the end of ep cliffhanger is great and we're back in action.  

Claire Danes must work out her face.  It's like she has extra muscles that she's sculpted so she can freak out in extreme ways.  It totally works for Carrie because her basic character trait is that she's a bipolar spy.  It's almost over acting - the Carrie cry face became a thing for a while - but it works.  

Stacy is already at S8e5 or 6 or wherever it's at now.  I have to catch up, but the eps are dense and require attention.  It's been 2 years since S7 so I kinda forgot where we were, but it wasn't hard to catch up because the twist was foreshadowed in the season premiere.  Stacy says the last few eps she's seen have been really intense but we'd expect no less.

Given that this is the final season, I hope Carrie has a happy ending, but I suspect that won't happen.  No one really gets a happy ending in Homeland.
binged to e5. this show is fiyah. it's back in full stride, redeeming its former glory after that struggling s7.  

one more ep and i'm caught up but i'm gonna save it, even tho the end of e5 left one of my fav characters hanging from the cliff.
s8e7 Still in fine form.  

Damn, only 5 more eps and it's the end.
s8e8 - major deaths.  major.

saul tries to do the right thing and gets screwed again.

stacy and i debated whether carrie will survive. i'm skeptical.
s8e10 ramping up for that big finish.

2 more to go.  

might have to just start from the begining again once this is done.  it's been a rugged ride.
I should've predicted the penultimate ep cliff hanger.

One more to go.
The finale was satisfying all in all - a bit of believe suspension, especially in how quickly they travel, but that plagues most international spy thrillers. It came full circle in many ways, giving closure to many of the story points. And it left it open ended enough that a new series could reboot the franchise, but I suspect Claire is done. Carrie was an exhausting character for her to play for 8 seasons. 

All in all, a great show. I can't remember any sword fights but there was plenty of gun fights and explosions. Highly DOOM recommended, but start from the begining. The first seasons are really tight. It might lose some impact over time because one of the things that made the series so interesting was that it often predicted political events as they were happening. The big fail was scripting for a female president, which they struggled with afterwards. But a great ride. I will miss this show.