Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone May 2018
Let the planning commence.

The Queen and I are heading to the grand daddy of all parks. I have been once before, but that was during a family road trip when I was probably 10 or 11. So, it's been a while.

the only story that I can remember with any certainty is this one:

We were on the tour and we passed a small body of water. Our tour guide said that when the body of water was first discovered they didn't know if it was a stream or a lake. And for whatever a reason the water bubbled up and a voice said "I's a Lake". Henceforth, the body of water is named Isa Lake.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Someday you'll be the subject of interviews, and unlike Coach, you'll remember stories like this.
I'm nobody's pony.
DM: I went through Yellowstone as a child too and heard some fantastic stories.

Greg: Oh? What were those stories?

DM: I can't remember. But they were wonderful

Greg:..........
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I've never liked you.

I, on the other hand, have always liked you.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Icon_butt 2 Greg 

054 2 tQ
I also went as a young child. On the drive in, I was disappointed that there was no real hole in Jackson Hole.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Fix that water pump yet? 

If not, ED knows how to make the wrong size pump fit just prior to taking a long road trip using stereo brackets. I seen him do it and amazingly, lived to tell. That was our greatest road trip together so far, me & ED - epic fear & loathing.
Nope. I get the water pump fixed today, Monday. No, it wasn't stressful at all driving across Los Angeles with the fear it could go at any second and I would have a lovely day getting my car towed through Los Angeles. But I made it.

Although, when I went to my car in front of the Hyatt after I left you, I tried to start it and the battery was dead. Good times!

Aw bummer. Sorry to hear. Thanks for coming all the way out to visit. I really enjoyed the movie and lunch.

How did you get a jump?
It's like water off a ducks back jump starting the car at this point. I've gone round and round with my mechanic about there being some electrical gremlin that kills my battery. But he always just says it's an old battery or it's sat for a long time. Except the battery is new and I just got off the freeway which should have charged the battery nicely.

I have portable battery in my car because of the ongoing problems. Works like a charm. It's about the size of a hardback book.

Yes, I am the James Bond of jump starting cars.

James Bond would've had  Q-made zippo lighter that jump started cars.

Macgiver would've made a jump started out of an empty soda bottle, a gum wrapper and a potato.

You sir, are just the Boy Scout of jump starting cars.  You were prepared.

We shall watch this thread with interest as your road trip commences.  There's good dramatic tension.  It just needs some witty quips and some explosions, and maybe a sword fight.
According to my email inbox, I'm Team Skylum. So, I'm sticking with the James Bond comparison.

I have returned.

I should be telling you all the great stories of the many thousands of miles of driving.

I should tell you about the snow in Lee Vining.

I should tell you about revisit to Virginia City just to add onto a 30 year old joke.

I should tell you about the rainbows and the Evel Knievel Jump at the Snake River.

I should tell you about Butter Beers.

I should tell you about West Yellowstone.

I should tell you about the herd of Buffalo coming out of the fog down the middle of the road on our first day in the park.

I should tell you about two exhaustive days with our photo guide.

I should tell you about bad food, rude tourists, and forgetting my hat every where I went.

I should tell you about geysers, fumaroles and mud volcanoes.

I should tell you about hiking through the snow in my shorts after being given bad info by a ranger.

I should tell you about finding my battery dead at 3am when I was supposed to go out on a night shoot of the milky way.

I should tell you about the flood geyser going off the next night during our milky way session right in front of us.

I should tell you about me yelling at the rude tourists. Repeatedly. Not my job. But my avocation.

I should tell you about blue billed ducks, osprey, and bald eagles. About swans swimming in icy rivers.

I should tell you about seeing Avengers: Infinity Wars on our day off.

I should tell you about Steamboat Geyser erupting, a rarity, and being there to see it.

I should tell you about Old Faithful, Lion Geyser, Beehive Geyser, and the Grand Prismatic Spring.

I should tell you about our awkward night in Salt Lake City.

I should tell you about going back to Butter Beers for breakfast and listening to the Trump supporters in the next booth.

I should tell you about Bryce Canyon and our sunrise shoot and our missed milky way shoot.

I should tell you about yelling at tourists at Bryce.

I should tell you about our miserable hotel in Tropic and our miserable meal there.

I should tell you about being alone with Cindi  at the bottom of the Navajo trail for a few blessed moments of silence.

I should tell you about flying the drone in Kodachrome Canyon in massive winds.

I should tell you about my fall in Red Canyon.

I should tell you about being in Vegas the same night U2 was playing.

I should tell you about the rapturous celebration of the animals upon our arrival home.

I should. I will. 

Right now, I'm tired and I have 2000 pictures to sort and a ton of videos to wade through.

Well....

do tell.